*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949553-Headlines
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#949553 added January 13, 2019 at 12:07pm
Restrictions: None
Headlines
Open your local paper or browse online for a news story headline that grabs your attention and share it with us. Try to venture outside your comfort zone and read a story you wouldn’t normally read or even one from another country!


owl for signature use Unrest Continues as Poland's Government Moves Further to the Right
There has been a wave of demonstrations since the election of Poland's right-wing government in response to its increasing attacks on individual rights. Byline Flora Bagenal
Jun 1, 2018 This is a story from Pacific Standard a supporter of independent Journalism.

The New York Times posted this story headline this morning, In a Divided Poland, Pope John Paul 11 is Claimed by All Sides. Byline Marc Santora

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_evolution_of_Poland

I started out reading a story about unrest in Poland that was posted in the New York Times. Than I was intrigued to read about the divisions of Poland that were mentioned in the story.Poland is divided into sections that are responsible for laws and living conditions.
Poland is a country that is broken into different parts. Women there are protesting extreme abortion laws. The government is passing laws which limit personal rights.

Poland is approximately 85.8 per cent catholic. It is a member of the European Union, NATO, and the Organization for Economic co-operation and Development.

Lithuania politics continue to contain corruption as Headlined by their media.

https://www.borgenmagazine.com/many-democratic-nations/https:/
There are currently 123 democracies in the world of all 192 countries


I found this video at Freedom House.org

Many signs show people in different countries are fighting to hold back governments that are seeking to curtail the personal rights of individual. It seems to have been building since 2017.

In the USA one of the signs is the constant use of psychological pressures to conform to political influence.

I tried without success to find out how to draw all the information I found together and aim it in one direction. I guess the direction just indicates the USA is not the only one fighting to keep our freedoms without entering into a bias war. More voices being raised everyday.

See Ya!













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949553-Headlines