*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949827-Dismissal-Word-Play
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#949827 added January 17, 2019 at 9:24am
Restrictions: None
Dismissal Word Play
"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 2251 January 17, 2019
Use these words in your entry: redundant, serviceable, nonsense, fantastic, repulsive and hello.


Each day I make the fifteen minute jaunt over the bridge to my daughter's school. In her early years, she would be dismissed into the gym and I would park and patiently wait for the doors to open so I could sign her out and take her home. When she hit the third grade the dismissal procedure changed, dramatically. Now, at approximately 3:46, they 3rd, 4th and 5th graders are discharged from the side of the building in a loud, chaotic herd and utter nonsense ensues. Some parents believe this new system gives them license to no longer follow the rules. Several of them are prone to the repulsive habit of double parking - or simply idling in the middle of the street until they see their child emerge. They sit there, engines running, spewing exhaust over the parents who actually parked and stand in the cold properly waiting for their own children. In the winter, when the snow makes street parking that much more elusive, this behavior becomes even more redundant. It isn't very safe, children are often running into the road to climb into vehicles while others are trying to maneuver and jockey into position. The other afternoon, several of us called out in alarm when a 4th grader nearly collided with an SUV that was passing a double-parked and waiting car. We have repeated asked the school to review this procedure or at least issue a more serviceable set of rules and guidelines that can be easily enforced. For now, I dread the school pickup hassle even though I look forward to seeing my daughter's fantastic smile and hear her happy "Hello" at the end of each day.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949827-Dismissal-Word-Play