*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949857-Aquaris-Born-on-January-26
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#949857 added January 17, 2019 at 3:30pm
Restrictions: None
Aquaris Born on January 26
Do a bit of research on your Zodiac Sign. What are the associated characteristics of people with your sign and how do you exhibit those characteristics?

This book is a Hoot!
Aquarius is a miscellaneous set of stars all at different distances from us, which have no connection with each other except that they constitute a (meaningless) pattern when seen from a certain (not particularly special) place in the galaxy (here).

Richard Dawkins



Quote from:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarius_(astrology)
"Constellation:
Aquarius is a winter constellation in the northern hemisphere, found near Pisces and Cetus. It is especially notable as the radiant for four meteor showers, the largest of which is the Delta Aquarid meteor shower in late July and early August."


http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/aquarius-myth.html The link will take you to the Aquarius Myth. It interests me that the payment for Ganymede to his father was, " a herd of the finest horses in the land".

I understand some things about astronomy. But, astrology as an influence on someones life makes me want to disassociate. However, I cannot dispute that personalities can be astonishingly accurately described by those who follow astrology.

Some words to describe Aquarius:

Independent: I can link this one with stubborn since I follow a path of my own which always seems to be against the flow of a course others would have me follow.

Extremest: Absolutely, I can never figure out why people don't try harder to be absolutely honest in the face of adversity.

Stubborn: I just like to do things my own way.

Detached: I say things that are true even though I often don't realize how it will affect others. Plus, I tell things as facts not as I am angry about it. It's the way people are. I like to figure out the why behind the action. The explanation clarifies the situation. I'm not usually very tied to problems because I have already put the solution into movement or just moved on to another problem solving initiative.

loyal: I see the problems others face even when individually I know people make a lot of their own troubles. I know a lack of knowledge means and inability to see the quicksand before people step into it and sink.

friendly: I try

Humanitarian: If I could figure out how to stop wars and destruction, and start planting and growing food and making the world better I would be doing it.

Intelligent: I like to think so.

Aloof: Often keep to myself when I could be out there mingling. I don't believe in the word shy.

Unpredictable: Can you figure out why I often do something that is not expected?

As for water--one of my favorite Humanitarian efforts are the people drilling water wells in Africa and other countries. Humans are 98 per cent water. There are seven oceans. I live near the great lakes.

When I was studying Biogeography we did a lot of class discussions about the book we were reading (The Song of the Dodo by David Quammen) and about historical myths. Like did dragons really exist at a time when man was on the earth or was there a large bird that breathed fire, etc.? Astrology myths may have a basis in biology that we don't recognize?

As for the birthstone for this birthday. I have owned two different pairs of garnet earrings and a garnet ring at one time or another in my life. All of them were stolen.*BulbR*




Merit Badge in The Monthly Reading Challenge
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on finishing [Link to Forum Post #3207655] for September 2018 *^*Delight*^**^*Bookopen*^*!

~Minja Research It?









apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949857-Aquaris-Born-on-January-26