*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950218-The-Contest--The-Opportunity
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2131773
Charity's views on writing, ramblings, and everything else that she decides to share.
#950218 added January 22, 2019 at 1:17pm
Restrictions: None
The Contest & The Opportunity
Last night was a low point. I have them sometimes, especially lately while I try to juggle being all things to everyone all the time. Sorry for the temporary pity pot. I did a good job of channeling all my energy into something positive so I finished a story, wrote some blog posts, talked on Discord, and late this morning I submitted to my first contest of the year. I submitted my short story, "Gone Nuts" to the Women on Writing quarterly fiction contest. I had to reduce the word count down to 750 words. Fortunately, it comes with a critique so hopefully I can improve the piece and if I don't win, submit it elsewhere. Having a professional editor critique it for $20 is well worth it even if I lose.

I spent a lot of yesterday submitting to various freelance positions for writing gigs. This morning I woke to a pleasant surprise that someone was interested. It would pay $750 per week for 15 articles. It would be awesome to get back into writing full time again.

Today I'm focused on a lot of writing - submitting articles and queries, short stories, and working on my grant application that's due 2/28. And of course, figuring out my next story. I did a little light revision on Most Wanted and I think I like the story. I received a favorable review today and am waiting for more. I'm not sure if it's publishable or not but I'm hopeful it has the potential as an action or suspense story.

I submitted my application to the pizza place and was told they have no openings currently. So at least that is one less thing I have to worry about. Because literally the only reason I was doing it was because my spouse wanted me too and I would have been utterly miserable. So thank goodness for that small blessing.

Lots of writing to do so I'm off to do it!

New Sig for Rising Stars

Charity Marie
Join us on Discord for real-time chats!: https://discordapp.com/invite/Wa8sgg8

Need something to review? Access my portfolio showcase here:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2177494 by Not Available.


  

© Copyright 2019 Charity Marie - <3 (UN: cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charity Marie - <3 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950218-The-Contest--The-Opportunity