*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950245-Reba-and-Obsession
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#950245 added January 22, 2019 at 9:33pm
Restrictions: None
Reba and Obsession
Prompt: "To succeed in life you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone." Reba McEntire Do you agree?

---

Maybe I do agree, although I don’t pay much attention to itemized needs to make life a success.

Let’s see:

A wishbone: We wish for something or other with a hope for a future. Without hope, everything would be dark. People who lose hope can also lose their lives. Even those who claim they don’t want things for minimalist living at least hope for the status quo to continue.

A backbone: A backbone is our internal strength. We each have to learn in life to stand on our own two feet and not let anyone push us around. We also should be resilient and self-respectful enough to stand up for what we believe in.

A funnybone: This means a sense of humor. Humor is both a form of entertainment and a means of coping with difficult or awkward situations and stressful events. Chilling out and not taking things too seriously and finding the humor in most situations. A good sense of humor can even protect our health by giving the immune system a boost/

So, yes, all three are needed for a successful life along with many other things, but they are not the only things we are going to need and that’s for sure.

Mixed flowers in a basket



Prompt:“The image in the mind’s eye. For me, it’s where the obsession began. It’s what keeps me going, it never fails to excite me.” -Martin Scorsese
What do you think of obsessions? As a creative writer, are you as happy as Martin Scorsese about your own obsessions?


-----------

If we wouldn’t obsess at least to some degree, we writers could never finish anything, especially during NaNo. This type of obsession, however, is more of a determination than the obsession that eats a person up.

Maybe Martin Scorsese does obsess to the degree of being-eaten-up-by-his-own-mind. If that kind of obsession could make any artiste more successful, I’d probably welcome it; however, if people are obsessed in that fashion, they shouldn’t venture to have families. Family life rarely supports that kind of obsession, be it the artistic kind.

© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950245-Reba-and-Obsession