*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950289-Characters--B-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Reference · #2180628
Reference-work for "The Book of Masks," "The Wandering Stars," and "Student Bodies."
#950289 added April 27, 2024 at 7:02pm
Restrictions: None
Characters: -B-
All characters are seniors at Westside, except where noted.

Baldwin, Lydia (sophomore)
Lydia Baldwin is the one sophomore on the girls' JV soccer team, who started though less because she was the best of them and more because there wasn't really anyone else to play goalie; as a rule Luz would rather all of the starters be juniors but she doesn't have much of a choice. She's still pretty good though but she feels like she's kind of stuck between the junior starters and the other sophomores.

Baldwin, Todd
Student at St. Xavier. Prefect for Washington. Tries to put up a similar act to Abi Steiner but with mixed success. Plays on the football team as TE, keen rower.

Barber, Zion (junior)
Junior class president. A smooth talker and natural politician, but with an easy, charismatic personality that doesn't seem forced. Very popular with everyone. He was on the JV basketball squad until the start of this year, and even had a spot carved out in his schedule so he could continue on the team, but he got cut, much to his anger and dismay. Is good friends with Kim Walsh, who tries acting as a mentor to him, but he has to disguise a certain amount of his impatience with her. Other friends include Natasha Cabot and Sara Schmidt; Jake Davis, Kyler Zook, and Kian Benefield; Shane Hilburn and Marianne Horne; Benjamin Grove, Naomi Batson, and Laura Minor; Shawn Hardin and Jeremy Carver. Is dating Christine Miles in a hot and heavy romance. Works Saturdays (10 - 3) at Academy Sports.

Barr, Roberta (junior)
Involved heavily in the bohemian scene as she's in the theater and art programs. She's a lesbian and a nice girl but has a reputation for being kind of a sarcastic smart ass.

Beauchamp, Phoebe
Phoebe Beauchamp is a member of the WHS girls' varsity soccer squad. Her goal, though, is to get into TV sports reporting i.e. working at ESPN or as a sideline reporter or something like that hence why she's in Visual Journalism.

Becker, Faith
A drama queen of the highest order. Every week it’s a new pregnancy scare here or some other drama – real or imagined – there. Ostensibly she is friends with Victoria Rodriguez but Victoria frequently grows weary of her dramatics. She’s rather loose and good looking enough to get a guy when she wants but her personality drives them away almost as quickly which is the source of her “pregnancy scares”: a cheap and long since ineffective method of getting back at them.

Beecher, Karen (sophomore)
Another ex-member of Lucy Gibbon's group. Due to domestic incidents involving her parents she lives in another part of the city with her aunt and uncle. Her bad home life has left her with attachment issues and she has a tendency to get in bad relationships herself and then have trouble getting out of them, most recently with JV soccer player and wannabe gangbanger Dylan Riley. When leaving Lucy's group with her friends Lexi Greer and Johanna Bergstrom, she followed them to the JV team. Karen's only a middling player and has gotten involved with the drama program which is where her real interests lie so chances are she's not playing on the team past this year.


Bell, Kieran (fifth form/junior)
Student at St. Xavier. British, son of an officer on secondment at Fort Suffolk. Speaks with a thick Liverpudlian (scouse) accent that only British students can understand.

Bergstrom, Johanna (sophomore)
Left Lucy Gibbon's group at the same time as Lexi. She's the more levelheaded counterpart to Lexi and is quick to bring her back down to earth. Because of their opposite natures it's a wonder the two of them get along at all but deep down Johanna cares for Lexi deeply and though she'd never admit it she loves their "act" and has fun getting her friendly jabs in at Lexi. On the other hand, she had an embarrassing incident early in the year where she asked out a boy she thought was cute not realizing he was gay. Lexi has never let her live this incident down.


Bhatnagar, Olivia (freshman)
IndianAmerican girl and Sarah Bhatnagar's sister. Like her sister she's also a member of the orchestra and is good friends with fellow freshman orchestra member Taylor Smith. She's more popular than her sister owing to a brighter personality and prettier looks though though she gets flustered when romantic subjects are brought up among her friends. She gets lumped in with a lot of the other Indian overachievers like the sophomore Rajani Singh or juniors Myra Agarwal and Rani Chandra but in actuality she doesn't like them all that much, finding them to be snobby and too focused on striving.

Bhatnagar, Sarah
An IndianAmerican girl from a welloff family; her mother is a doctor and her father runs a successful IT company. She's a violinist but doesn't have much of a reputation and largely blends into the background of the orchestra. Friendly with Kim Walsh and other high achievers, she's a good student who doesn't get in trouble. In reality she's not quite as squeaky clean as she lets on. Sarah has no qualms about going to parties or the Warehouse and it's well known among guys that after fooling around with Patrick Currier on an orchestra trip her junior year that she's very liberal with handjobs and blowjobs. She has yet to go all the way with anyone, however, so she simultaneously has a whispered reputation of being both slutty and a prude.

Blessing, Courtney (sophomore)
One of the most popular people in the sophomore class.

Boateng, Matthew
Student at St. Xavier. Athletic track sprinter, African American. "Pwntang!"

Bornholm, Jamie
A member of the swim team. If two words could be used to describe her, “elegant” and “graceful” would be the ones to come to mind. She’s something of an anomaly on the swim team: a lithe dancer’s build combined with seemingly untannable ivory skin and dark hair would make one think more of a ballerina than a swimmer when they see her. Often the victim of salacious rumors spread by Chelsea, most of which aren’t true and she tries very much to ignore. Good friends with Rachel Burton.


Bratt, Monica (senior)
I have her as having a great-grandfather who lives in the Sunset Hills retirement home. He was in the military and she absolutely idolizes him so she plans on joining up after graduation as well (the navy, whereas he was a marine). It's something "in the future" but it's a decision of hers that I would consider as being pretty set in stone even in the general timeframe where BoM takes place. It's not quite a big deal but she's a pretty observant Catholic so I wound up throwing in a Catholic church named St. Mary's.

Braxton, Charlene (junior)
Charlene Braxton is best friends with Jocelyn Mathers. She and Cassie Harper know each other somewhat because they live in the same neighborhood.

Briscoe, Audrey
Cello, first chair, in the Orchestra. And yet she isn't first chair of the Chamber Orchestra. That's because David Kirkham, who isn't even in Orchestra, tried out for the spot and got it. It pissed Audrey off so bad that she didn't even join the WHSCO, even though she would have got in.

She was on the track team until last year, but a schedule conflict forced her to choose between Orchestra and Track. It killed her to have to choose, and she's been pissed about choosing Orchestra ever since Kirkham stole her Chamber Orchestra spot, but she musters on. She is best friends with Lily Hallet and Ella Swope, who are still on the track team, and Rachel Bell (who isn't), and with a lot of other people too.

Britton, Chelsea (sophomore)
Plays softball on the varsity squad. She is friends with most of the girls on the JV teams, and with her friend Brooklyn Levi (another sophomore on the varsity squad, she acts as an unofficial go-between for the varsity and JV teams.

Brown, Ethan
Member of the swim team, one of the better members. Relatively new to WHS, as he moved to Saratoga Falls at the start of his junior year.

Burch, Nora (junior)
Nora Burch is on the girls' JV soccer team. With Kennedy Meadows, she forms a defensive wall but don't associate outside of the team.
© Copyright 2024 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950289-Characters--B-