*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950308-Hanging-In-for-the-Change
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2131773
Charity's views on writing, ramblings, and everything else that she decides to share.
#950308 added January 23, 2019 at 7:32pm
Restrictions: None
Hanging In for the Change
Today was, in a word, fantastic. I can't think of another word to describe it honestly. It started off with an interview with Vivint, a home security and automation company, that lasted an hour and a half as I connected with the regional manager on a wide range of topics, including Star Wars. I was hired on the spot for a sales position and am genuinely excited. They only have 5 agents in this area so I'm getting in on the ground floor so to speak. The expectation is I'll make 2-3 sales a week and earn $65,000 my first year. Which would more than take care of the need for the RV. The best part is, it'll work around my real estate and publishing so I can keep doing that. The hours are 12 - 8, Monday through Friday which is pretty perfect as well.

Then, I received a response to one of my applications for a content writing position for an SEO company. They have commissioned a single article focused on motivational speakers which I was able to complete in about 40 minutes. Not a bad way to make $50.

My submission to The Three Penny review was rejected sadly, but I may submit something else. I am having a really hard time finding a home for Gone Nuts and a literary magazine might be too serious for that piece. I need something that's a little irreverent, a little tongue in cheek or humorous. So the hunt continues for a paying home.

Then lastly, I had another call for a showing of my listing, which is super exciting. The market is heating back up again which means I will hopefully have a sale in the near future and can start putting money aside for our RV. Who knows, maybe I can make $20,000 in less than six months between everything. At $.10 per word, I'd only need to write 200,000 words to make $20,000. I'd need to make 44 sales with Vivint. I'd need to make 6 sales with real estate at a value of $3,000 minimum. All very doable. As long as life stays stable for long enough so I can focus (PLEASE).

I'm so excited and so relieved things are finally turning around in some areas. Libby is still struggling and may be heading inpatient soon, but we're waiting and watching to see what happens.

Isn't it amazing how just when you can't take anymore, just when you're at the end of your rope, just when things seem as bad as you can stand, things shift in a new direction? Just goes to show you just have to hang in there until things change. Because it's a guarantee they will change with enough time.

New Sig for Rising Stars

Charity Marie
Join us on Discord for real-time chats!: https://discordapp.com/invite/Wa8sgg8

Need something to review? Access my portfolio showcase here:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2177494 by Not Available.


  

© Copyright 2019 Charity Marie - <3 (UN: cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charity Marie - <3 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950308-Hanging-In-for-the-Change