*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950492-Find-Your-True-Passion
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(116)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#950492 added January 26, 2019 at 12:17pm
Restrictions: None
Find Your True Passion
Something I struggle with is my yearly review. It boils down to: did I meet expectations, did I exceed expectations. I never thought to ask what is your idea of exceeding expectations, since year-in-year-out I'm told I meet them. I go above and beyond my station many times, fulfilling the needs of others before my own. They don't seem to acknowledge it for whatever reasons. Self-satisfaction in my own performance can only go so far. Eventually,  a thank you and a pat on the back feel like nothing more than patronizing. So, I stop and ask myself why I toil only to realize there is no true oversight or acknowledgement of performance. It's just a rubber stamp for someone taken for granted.

What's important is pursuing what fulfills you. If you have to dial it back and put the focus on the true prize, what's stopping you? Get the psychology degree. Take that three month excursion to a place exotic, spend more time with family. Actually put away the mental dishes and get your house in order, put your feet up and appreciate your true domain.

You don't have to tell your employer to suck it. Smile. Tell them they are doing a good job when you see through their ignorance and deceit, because you don't have time to piddle around with what small people think. Bigger fish to fry here. So what if they only flip you an extra quarter. Take it. Put out in your pocket. Then, scheme on a real dream. Decide what will be worthy of your time and passion.


© Copyright 2019 Brian KC (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian KC has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950492-Find-Your-True-Passion