*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950580-Productivity-Steroids--Bronchitis
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2131773
Charity's views on writing, ramblings, and everything else that she decides to share.
#950580 added January 27, 2019 at 3:32pm
Restrictions: None
Productivity, Steroids, & Bronchitis
The last few days have seen me mentally supercharged, as if by nitros oxide. It started Friday when I got diagnosed with bronchitis and prescribed a combo of antibiotics, steroids, and cough suppressant. Steroids always overstimulate me. My husband loves to say my brain is like a 16 core squirrel process but on steroids it becomes a turbo charged 32 core. I'm an above average intelligent woman but you give me a powerful stimulant, and watch out!

In two days I did extensive rewriting on my short story Most Wanted, and decided to self-publish it on my website as opposed to submitting it for publishing. I will try to get it printed and maintain digital rights to the story I'm going to use it as a marketing tool and loss-leader for my other works. It'll be an easy way for people to get a feel for the quality of my writing before deciding to buy my other books and products. Of which there should be almost a dozen within the next two years. I'm on track for an explosive growth of new products for my publishing business which has me very excited and motivated.

In addition, I spent almost six hours editing book one of the Understanding Libby series. There were a million little things to fix. I still have to do citations and was going to have to do the formatting but found a service that will do it and then collect a 15% commission off the sales with no long term contract and no rights issues. It's perfect for me so I'm going to make the finishing touches on the details and send it off for formatting so I can get to work on book 2. What a peace of mind that is!

The website is coming along slowly. My CV page is finally finished although it's a bit bland so I need some kind of artwork on it, maybe mini pictures of the book covers throughout it to liven it up.

So all in all, things are staying on track. I'm squirrelly but productive and my head's in a decent space right now. I have a ton of goals, possibly too many. I over-committed myself to a daily blogging challenge but that quickly fell to the wayside. Quite honestly, it's for people who have trouble getting into their writing groove. That's rarely ever been me. I don't need jump started. Sometimes I need slowing down because I'm a runaway train off the rails. But for now, I'm cruising along at a good clip and I'm happy with that.



New Sig for Rising Stars

Charity Marie
Join us on Discord for real-time chats!: https://discordapp.com/invite/Wa8sgg8

Need something to review? Access my portfolio showcase here:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2177494 by Not Available.


  

© Copyright 2019 Charity Marie - <3 (UN: cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charity Marie - <3 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/950580-Productivity-Steroids--Bronchitis