*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952053-Day-15-The-Knack---Oh-Tara
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2181860
For the Soundtrack of Your Life Challenge
#952053 added February 15, 2019 at 3:56pm
Restrictions: None
Day 15: The Knack - Oh Tara
Hoo, boy. This will be an interesting week!

The last song I mentioned was on an album I could not have of my playlist. It has a song so nasty and racist I wouldn't even mention the name. Besides, this is about guilty pleasures, not mortified I ever played it, even that one time. I suppose I could just put every track of this album up, but the whole thing is a delight to me.

I fell for the whole "New Beatles" idea, and yeah, I was a newly minted sixteen year old, and this was perfect for all the angst. Later they'd call it power punk. Whatever. First it was lauded, then panned, to me it was just fun. Since it holds so many memories, it stays in my shuffle.



Another story, if you want. That summer I worked in a restaurant at night, but was always looking for day jobs to add to my cash flow. If you're sixteen and don't have good cash flow, none of The Knack songs work out for you... So I was up in a fancy suburb doing yard work. I knew the guy through a guy, and I was just moving leaves. He called me over to meet his daughter Sharona. So of course I mentioned it. When he stared bawling me out, she disappeared, and he reminded me the song was about older men with younger women and his kid was fourteen.

He never asked me to work for him again. His loss, I was into older women! Besides, I've never met a Tara that has ever given me "knacky" thoughts.


© Copyright 2019 Mastiff (UN: mastiff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mastiff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952053-Day-15-The-Knack---Oh-Tara