*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952250
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Reference · #2180628
Reference-work for "The Book of Masks," "The Wandering Stars," and "Student Bodies."
#952250 added July 4, 2021 at 2:03pm
Restrictions: None
Characters: -O-
All characters are seniors, except where noted.

O'Brien, Kelly (sophomore)
Member of the JV softball team, Blake O'Brien's younger sister and Bridget Atwater's best friend. She's Bridget's total opposite however: serious minded, moody and introverted. She absolutely hates parties and really being part of large crowds in general and it takes a lot of coaxing to get her to agree to come out to one as she'd rather just hang out quietly with a small number of friends.She's a good athlete though and playing sports is about the only time where she really comes out of her shell. She nurses a crush on Jeremy Richardson from the varsity basketball team but doesn't hold hopes of getting with him as he's usually aroundEva Garner. She looked up to Stephanie Wyatt as well but got blown off trying out for theJV team as Stephanie thought she was a little too short. Both of these things likely cranked her moody introversion up even more. Both Bridget and Blake tend to look out for Kelly which can some times annoy her because she feels like maybe they baby her and such. It can cause friction at times because both, being outgoing extroverts, just have a hard time wrapping their heads around an introvert so they think she's more fragile than she actually is.

Offerman, Shayna (junior)
Shayna offerman is Lyle Offerman's younger sister. (Lyle is a college student and boyfriend of Nancy Trent.) She's part of the bohemian crowd though not a musician herself. She's a frequenter of the Warehouse and popular among that overall crowd and while she's a shameless flirt has never gone beyond making out largely because she gets nervous if it seems like it's going any further than that. Probably because while she looks up to Nancy Trent as a surrogate older sister she's convinced herself that going further will lead to turning out like Nancy's friend Dorothy Harmon.

Orr, Justin (sophomore)
Justin Orr was an elementary school jock: one of the kids who was always on the basketball court or playing kickball, and his charisma was such that he was always the one to captain a team and pick members; and he was always the first or second chosen in a sport. But during middle school he was slow to physically develop, and other boys raced ahead of him. He also switched schools during the seventh grade, which left him stranded socially. He has developed into an introverted and slightly moody high schooler with a sense of bewildered and resentful frustration. Even as his body has begun playing catch-up with the other boys, he declines to return to athletics, though his friends tell him he ought to be on the track team.

He also has bad acne, which further undermines his self-confidence, particularly with girls, though he is handsome enough to attract attention otherwise.

He is good friends with Joe Dickerson, Andy Jensen, Grant Lowery, Bhodi Weaver, Paulina Nowack, Evie Cummings, and Lindsay Cho.

Osbourne, Leslie (sophomore)
Leslie Osborne is much intertwined with Laura Serrano. In middle school she was more of the punk, class ditcher type; also, she was a bully and largely picked on the nerdy Laura Serrano. This continued into freshman year a bit but Leslie largely outgrew her old friends and punk image (though not her attitude) and became more conventional. Laura, meanwhile, got motivated to change up her image and attitude and grow more assertive but she chose people like Kelsey and Amanda as people to emulate.

Laura and Leslie made up and (largely with Laura pushing things forward) have started on a long term goal to be at the top of the school come their senior year. Laura intends to be at the top of the AP clique while Leslie's decided to focus on trying to get onto the cheerleading squad. So it's a bit of a role reversal with Laura becoming the wannabe queen bee and Leslie becoming ostensibly her partner but in reality is subordinate to her and there's a part of Leslie that still wants to do the "class ditching punk" thing.

She doesn't like Julie Eckler.
© Copyright 2021 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952250