*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952253
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Reference · #2180628
Reference-work for "The Book of Masks," "The Wandering Stars," and "Student Bodies."
#952253 added July 15, 2023 at 1:04pm
Restrictions: None
Characters: -R-
All characters are seniors, except where noted.

Radic, Kristina (junior)
Kristina Radic is on the girls' JV soccer team but otherwise doesn't stand out in any particular way. She gets along well with most everyone but isn't especially tight with anyone. It bothers her a bit because she has no idea how to fix it and stand out more and at times she's mulled over the possibility of just quitting the team.

Randolph, James (sophomore)
Popular member of the JV basketball team and one of the few non-assholes on the team. He's the object of Bridget Atwater's affection but is dating Tiffany Kinyon, an orchestra girl who is friends with Laura Serrano and Leslie Osbourne.While he's not an overall bad guy he's very aware of his popularity with girls and is a bit of a playboy running around behind his girlfriend's back if he feels she's being a little too frigid. Maybe Marc Garner if he was driven more by his libido at times than common sense.

Ricci, Addison
Along with Morgan Nemeth and Zoe Tremont, one of the three most popular girls of the freshman class. To any but those in her clique (and of which her clique approves) she has a reputation for being an aloof queen-bee type; many resent her attitude, but it also causes a lot of girls to try to win her favor and a lot of guys to chase her hand. In fact, she is inclined to be a little shy and insecure, and is somewhat bullied by Morgan into acting more aloof and holding herself more "exclusive" than she would really like. But she is capable of being surprisingly kind, especially to those who she senses are socially awkward. This is because she has an autistic cousin and so is drawn toward helping those who are especially bad at fitting in. (Too bad that she is not very good at following through with those she has thus encouraged.) It also explains her oddest friendship, with the cold and prickly Hilary Hyunh, whose quirks do not faze her.

Addison is not only beautiful but intelligent, which leaves her teachers wondering why she's not on the AP track.

Riggs, Aaron (sophomore)
The trio of Aaron Riggs, Elijah Washington and Andrew Webb are ambitious up-and-comers in the JV squads. These three best friends (besties since middles school) intend their senior year to be the captains of the varsity football, basketball, and soccer squads, respectively, and to dominate the social scene. They are already in a very pushy way trying to dominate the sophomore class.

It's unclear if Riggs will be able to maintain progress toward the goal. On the one hand, he has already fallen under the influence of weed, and though he practices and works out conscientiously, he inclines to be lazy, and mostly he accepts his and his friends' dream as something that will happen regardless of the work that he puts into it. On the other hand, these vices may not hurt him and might actually be an advantage. His easygoing manner, when coupled with his ability to badly hurt anyone who really pisses him off, has made him widely popular, particularly among the boy JV players on all the squads, and popularity never hurt anyone in the drive to become a squad captain at Westside. Also, Westside football already has an established reputation as a very weedy squad.

Ritenour, Meredith (junior)
Meredith Ritenour has a reputation for being a bit of a hipster (i.e. pretentious snobbery); she doesn't mean to be and she's not bitchy it just elicits eye rolling at times .

Ritter, Austin (freshman)
Austin Ritter is on the freshman football team and has something of a "hot bad boy" rep even though he's (probably) not done anything to deserve that... he just has that look to a lot of girls. He's got a thing going on with Kelly Morris which causes her to be seen with both envy and scorn by most of the freshman girls.

Rivera, Jorge "George" (junior)
Jorge Rivera is a member of the JV boys soccer team. He's not "officially" out as gay but it's practically an open secret; nicknamed George because it's easier for most people than Jorge.

Rivera, Marcos
Soccer player, best friend of Marc Garner. Lives with his mom and uncle (her husband's brother; it's complicate) and drives uncles old, black Trans Am. Has three girlfriends and a couple of fuck buddies. Cristina Ramon: The official "wife," the one who manages his social life, but who does not actually sleep with him. Trina Murillo: His official "mistress," who he sleeps with because Cristina won't put out. Trina and Cristina are actually good friends, and Cristina more or less arranged for Trina to be the girl that Marcos fucks in exchange for Trina acknowledging Cristina's pre-eminence. But Trina has mostly stopped with the sex. Alana Ocampo: The girl that Trina has officially subcontracted Marcos's sexual needs out to in return for agreeing to be third in eminence. Among Marcos's fuck buddies are Gabriela Costa and Ximena Calderon. The former is tolerated by the three official girlfriends because she so clearly only accepts it in return for his scratching her occasional itches; the latter is fiercely resisted because she is so clearly interested in supplanting the other three, or at least one of them.

Roldan Cortes, Alejandra (junior)
Alejandra Roldan Cortes is on the girls' JV soccer team. She is not a native English speaker; she can speak enough to get through the day or hold a conversation but she's more comfortable speaking Spanish. She hangs out a lot with Gabriela Costa, who speaks Spanish too. She is largely ignorant of the all the politicking that goes on in the various squads.

Rosario, Luz (junior)
Puerto Rican beauty and captain of the JV soccer team. Long hair dyed a deep burgundy color. Not large chested but a shapely lower half with long, strong legs. She is the clear leader of the girls' JV soccer team and nobody really questions it, at least not openly. Mostly this is due to her self-assured confidence, which can often times be mistaken for haughtiness but which isn't that bad. Exceptionally talented on the field and is basically captain-in-waiting of the varsity soccer team once she becomes a senior. She doesn't have a boyfriend as most guys can be intimidated, that and she's not proactive as she expects guys (especially the good looking ones like a Laurent Delacroix or Joe Ysleta) to want to come to her and not vice versa; she's not one for games though as she's looking for a relationship and thus is one of the few girls who has shot down Steve Patterson. While not intentionally trying to be bitchy that's all combined to leave her with a rather high opinion of herself and while she's a good on the field leader, off the field she can rub people the wrong way; there's an incorrect assumption that people have of Anita Nuevo being haughty that's more in line with Luz. Speaking of, she's Anita's younger cousin; her mother is Anita's maternal aunt and for all her haughtiness she does look up to Anita to a degree. She is seen as a shoo in for varsity captain next year. She is loyal to her cousin and despises Hannah Westlake. She (and Anita) are of Puerto Rican extraction and are much less fluent in Spanish than one would think.
© Copyright 2023 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952253