*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952389-Okay-Im-Drunk
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#952389 added February 19, 2019 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
Okay, I'm Drunk.
Someone in my town decided that it would be a good idea to put a tequila bar upstairs from a whiskey bar.

Okay, yes, it's a good idea. Except that it's dangerous. Well. Dangerous to me, anyway.

The whiskey bar features scotch, bourbon, and other whisk(e)ys from around the world.

The tequila bar features tequila and mezcal. Since these magic concoctions can only be produced in Mexico, they're not from around the world.

I started by ordering a $50 shot of Bruichladdich Octomore. Because the server was a fucking idiot, I ended up with a $15 shot of Bunnahabhain. Now, look, I love Bunnahabhain. But I have a bottle at home. So why would I order that at the bar? Whatever. I drank it happily.

Upstairs, I continued my birthday tradition by ordering a flight of tequila. Now... understand... I'm still drunk. So I'm not going to go into the details of tequila. Suffice it to say that, as the flight is called ¡Dios Mio!, it was amazing. Tequila is the nectar of the gods. Unpronounceable gods, but still... gods.

Now, understand: I've been mostly abstaining for the last couple of months, in an effort to lose weight. So, between a) weighing less and b) being out of practice, it didn't take much for me to achieve a state of benevolent drunkenness. I wouldn't have done even that, except that I have a long history of drinking tequila on my birthday, and I'm not going to let a little thing like trying to lose weight stop me now.

Still sore, however, about my lack of really expensive Scotch, I ended up going back downstairs and ordered a fine aged Lagavulin.

Anyway. Point is, it felt good to get back to an alcohol-positive lifestyle. Not something I'll overindulge in for the next little while, but sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy life.

© Copyright 2019 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952389-Okay-Im-Drunk