*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952717-Thursdays-Advice-do-you-agree
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2182738
Happy Valentine's Day!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#952717 added February 22, 2019 at 12:17am
Restrictions: None
Thursday’s Advice, do you agree?
Good day... ok so Thursday, this week has kicked my butt! I’m taking a break to write this.

I had a friend ask me for for my input to her situation, but she didn’t like it lol.
She and her husband divorced. Since she didn’t work full time, and the money from her marriage wouldn’t be processed until it was final, she moved in with her mother. They have a great relationship, so that was all good.

Problem is, that was three years ago! She’s had her money from the marriage for two years, yet still lives off her mother, I told her it’s time to grow up and move on. Your mother already did her job raising you, it’s time for her to have her life back! It’s one thing to get help when you’re in a pinch, but I told her she is at the point now of abusing that help. Her mom won’t tell her that. Or that it was her moving in that cause her mother’s relationship to end. She also thinks it’s okay banking her six figure marriage settlement, cause her mom has a lot of money. That’s her money. It’s not yours to spend yet! Let your mom enjoy it while she can.

Unless your parent has had a stroke, or some other kind of illness, where they need your help daily to stay out of a nursing home, they do not want you living with them. I feel so bad for her mom. It’s her time to enjoy her life, not resort back to supporting her fully grown, forty something year old daughter! She says she helps her mother. Bull Crap! Her mother was doing fine before she moved back in. Who’s using who? Get a full time job and move on!

Am I wrong? Maybe my perspective is too narrow?

Side note: we are still friends and she still lives with mama. I told her I’d ask on here to see if anyone agrees with me, or if they side with her.....
Now to see if anyone even reads this 😂

© Copyright 2019 PAAW - though Ann is preferred (UN: paaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PAAW - though Ann is preferred has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952717-Thursdays-Advice-do-you-agree