*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952957-Get-Away
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2131773
Charity's views on writing, ramblings, and everything else that she decides to share.
#952957 added February 23, 2019 at 12:40pm
Restrictions: None
Get Away!
At the suggestion of River , (thank you sweet friend for the idea!) I decided to take a little trip and get away. We're broke but thanks to selling our truck this past Sunday, I have a little money available to do this. I'm hopeful it will give my mind, spirit, and soul the desperate break it needs to get right again. So here's my get away plan!

I'm headed to Corpus Christi on February 25-27th. I will spend two nights in a modest hotel that costs $59 a night. Included in this package deal is a ticket for the Texas State Aquarium and the USS Lexington ($50).

Corpus Christi is a beach-front community four hours from where I live. So it's close enough to make the trip but far enough to be a complete change of scenery. Plus I've lived here almost a decade and never been to a Texas beach! While it's supposed to be rainy and cloudy and overcast, I don't care because I'm bringing my laptop, my latest paint-by-number kits and supplies, and intend to write, eat, sleep, visit the aquarium, and see my first naval carrier. It'll be enough to keep me busy the two days I'm there. And leave plenty of time for writing, relaxing, and even napping if I want.

I'm hopeful this will get my mind right so I come back super-charged and ready to tackle real estate and my writing with a vengeance! it's time to start writing and achieving my goals again. After three days, I believe the anti-depressants might be starting to work, mainly because the deep pit of despair is gone and been replaced by a flat surface. I no longer feel trapped in a hole anymore and I wrote two poems today, one a cute tribute to Dobby the House Elf and the second a darker one about depression for a contest entry. But I don't want to get my hopes up too much, it's still very early (and so many other meds have failed me.) The med does make me tired so this vacay will give me the perfect excuse to sleep as much as I want!

© Copyright 2019 Charity Marie - <3 (UN: cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charity Marie - <3 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952957-Get-Away