*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953324-Vacay-Goes-Sideways
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2131773
Charity's views on writing, ramblings, and everything else that she decides to share.
#953324 added February 27, 2019 at 8:44pm
Restrictions: None
Vacay Goes Sideways
Today would have seen me back home but the universe had other plans. I arrived on Monday and for some reason, was instantly sick. I thought it was allergies, initially. Then I thought maybe it was black mold in an AC unit. On Tuesday, when I developed a fever, I knew it was serious and headed to the local ER. Considering I was close to delirious from a 104 fever, it's no surprise my first attempt at an ER failed. Somehow, I wound up at a day surgery ER. I didn't even know there was a difference. An ER is an ER right? Apparently not.

Eventually I made my way to the proper ER, just a few miles from the hotel. Where I proceeded to sit for the next four hours, coughing my head off, freezing from a fever. After a battery of tests including a chest x-ray and a nose swab, it was determined I had Flu type A. Which is the mutant strain this year, making my flu shot worthless. Of course.

At 11:30 I was able to get an IV of fluids, my prescription, and head back to the hotel. Too exhausted to deal with my RX and quarantined from human contact, I headed back to the hotel to spend the night dozing in and out. Fortunately thanks to Tylenol and ibuprofen I was able to break my fever which allowed me some rest. I woke early and set about using Favor to get my prescription, some socks, and more Pepsi. I mentally settled in for another day, despite missing my husband and son terribly. What is it about being sick and just wanting the comfort of home?

Then it dawned on me. I couldn't go home. Or more correctly - shouldn't go home. Not yet. Because if I do, two of the people I love most will get very sick and suffer through the same thing I'm dealing with. And neither of them have the benefit of taking the flu shot because of allergies to the ingredients. My son is medically exempt for life. So I decided to stay the rest of the week which would see me finish my Tamiflu. I could stop and see Libby on the way back and might still be able to complete my trip. Determined to make lemonade, I called the hotel and they generously extended my same hotel rate of $44/night plus tax.

Plan in place, I did another Favor for groceries to see me through the rest of the week. Thank goodness this room came with a microwave and fridge. So now I have everything I need. I'm jamming out to good music, hanging out on WDC and Discord. I have the company of my online friends. I have a shower with unlimited hot water, a heater & a/c I can exclusively control to be comfortable, my heated blanket and a bunch of pillows plus my laptop. I may feel like crap but I'm gonna beat this flu in style!

Need a review? Submit a bitem link to "Invalid Item

Need something to review? Access my portfolio showcase here. Items are ordered newest to oldest in each category:

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2177494 by Not Available.


New Sig for Rising Stars  Charity Marie Personal Signature



** Image ID #2177703 Unavailable **
Join us on Discord for real-time chats!: https://discordapp.com/invite/Wa8sgg8

© Copyright 2019 Charity Marie - <3 (UN: cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charity Marie - <3 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953324-Vacay-Goes-Sideways