*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953369-A-squirrely-week
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#953369 added February 28, 2019 at 9:46am
Restrictions: None
A squirrely week
Made it to Thursday! Of course, the week is far from over...I have my "late" shift today, off tomorrow but with a plethora of errands to attend to, then work Saturday. It seems another round of rain is moving our way, which does not bode well for the literary festival tomorrow and Saturday. However, one of the local churches is hosting all the events so perhaps festival-goers will not be deterred much.

The real star of the week for me is...a squirrel. The little fellow was hanging outside the library Tuesday, and found a large chunk of sub roll that someone had left out for the birds. He proceeded to bring it up the tree right outside the office window, and made quite an amusing picture snacking on a treat that was larger than himself. We all stopped working long enough to take pics with our phones, though my own picture was not as good as the one my co-worker took. I thought of my Peekaboo and her endless quest to catch a squirrel...she might have had some luck if she'd seen this guy; he must have been waddling by the time he finished. He finally took the remainder back down the tree and bounced off...not sure if he buried it or not.

We didn't see him yesterday...he must have been sleeping it off. The only squirreliness was on the part of the patrons, who were much more random and needy than usual. Must be the weather.

© Copyright 2019 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953369-A-squirrely-week