*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954030-Tweeny-Emergency
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#954030 added March 9, 2019 at 5:07pm
Restrictions: None
Tweeny Emergency

I sometimes feel a bit useless as regards my family and guilty because I can't help out like my husband used to, mainly because I don't drive any more and I'm not much good at DIY jobs. I do as much childminding as I can and frequently climb ironing mountain at their home and I know I'll always be there for them whenever they need me.

When my phone rings in the morning I tend to fear the worst and when it's my son I anticipate there's a problem. This morning it seems there was a dire emergency. Angel needed her eyebrows waxing. *Laugh* Apparently she's been nagging him all week to make her an appointment and was in a strop because he'd failed to oblige.

To be fair it's a bit much to expect a bloke to know anything at all about beauty treatments and I'd be a bit worried myself if he was in the know about eyebrow waxing and shaping. But you know what these young girls are like and as far as Angel was concerned it was his duty to arrange her an appointment. When he phoned me he confessed he hadn't a clue where to find an appropriate place or what to ask for.

Nanna to the rescue. Within minutes I'd found a decent place in town on the internet and made her an appointment, thus saving him from a fortnight of sulking and apportioning blame. I always warned him what lay ahead when he had a teenage girl on his hands, but never anticipated he'd be dealing with it all on his own. Good to know I still have my uses even if they are only small matters.

What happened to that cute little poppet who used to sit on my knee reading Spot books?

Turn around indeed.


© Copyright 2019 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954030-Tweeny-Emergency