*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954141-BOOM
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#954141 added March 11, 2019 at 12:04pm
Restrictions: None
BOOM!!!
So, yes, starting the week off with a bang. Literally.

At some point during the night I had a particularly vivid dream of an earthquake...don't remember many details other than another person was with me, and we threw ourselves down on the ground. I'm not sure who I was with, but we were out in the open and this seemed like the thing to do. And the rumbling/roaring went on and on. I recall feeling very odd about it, but sleep (already screwed up because of DST) took precedence and I turned over and dozed off.

Then came this morning, and me sipping coffee and browsing my social media feed. And on a local FB page, the news that much of the county had been awakened in the wee hours by a very loud explosion of some sort. We had no thunderstorms last night and I don't even think an exploding meth lab could account for the wide range this was heard over. Possibly it was a sonic boom or something caused by the Rangers doing their training.

Or perhaps...it was something unexpected. When I tried to go to the Walmart shopping center to pay the phone bill this morning, I found the entrance blocked by the sheriff's department. Now granted...granted...the parking lot is being re-paved and I saw some construction barrels and equipment before turning away. So that's probably why the parking lot was blocked.

Probably.

But because it's Monday and I'm feeling silly, I jumped on the FB thread and started a rumor that a UFO crashed in the parking lot. Because somebody's going to be silly enough to run with that.

Yes, indeed, this week is going to be productive!!! Now excuse me while I go mail my phone bill...

*AlienGr*

© Copyright 2019 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954141-BOOM