*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958118-Worry
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #2189865
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#958118 added May 3, 2019 at 1:22am
Restrictions: None
Worry
Does worry get in the way of trusting Jesus?


Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

The Bible mentions "do not worry" and "do not fear" over 300 times. It's important. I think one of the reasons is because people do tend to separate themselves from God when they're under extreme stress. The best way to safeguard against that is to spend time in the word DAILY, and (like the Bible says) to pray without ceasing. I struggle with this sometimes, mostly because I'm not a very scheduled person.

In some ways, I think that the presence of worry in our lives is evidence of some level of doubt. However, just as temptation doesn't equal sin, worry in itself doesn't either. If you let that worry steer you into the direction of self-governance, or take full control of your own life so that you don't need to trust God, I'd say you have some things to sort out with the creator.

When I am afraid,
I will trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise,
In God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can mortal man do to me?


Psalm 56:3-4

For my knit/crochet group
Rising Stars sig
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
FORUM
SugarCube's Monthly Random Contest!!  (13+)
A New Contest Every Two Weeks!
#2175732 by IceSkatingSugarCube

FORUM
SugarCube's Insomniac Asylum  (18+)
Night owls welcome!! Open 24 hours! Daily activities! Prizes!
#2179526 by IceSkatingSugarCube

© Copyright 2019 IceSkatingSugarCube (UN: jwhitedesigns at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
IceSkatingSugarCube has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958118-Worry