*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958274-Common-Denominator
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(116)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#958274 added May 10, 2019 at 1:35am
Restrictions: None
Common Denominator

You ever been a part of a group, a team, where everyone shuts you out? Limits your ability to contribute, be the best you can be? When the moment you make a misstep or do something that could be mischaracterized, there is someone on you about it, doesn't allow communication that could help you? Then, you get the feeling they just don't want you around. But, instead of trying to communicate it properly to you, they use their position to diminish you, force you to consider leaving the situation.

They can't or won't give you clear expectations, won't acknowledge or socialize with you. They might treat you as if you are an adversary, the opponent, when you really just desire to participate and be a part of something.

Are you forced to withdraw within yourself, put on a good face, avoid talking out of turn or criticizing for fear you give them further excuse to ostracize you, even when it is their inability to function as an inclusive, cohesive unit that could help everyone succeed?

Then why stick with it? Why not quit? Because they would get what they want. You have pride. Why not find a way to show them the errors of their ways? Be a part of the solution, instead of contributing to their problem. But, you are just one person.

Rise above it. Have the strength in your convictions. Feel sorry for them that they have to result to childish, bullyish, sociopathic manipulations and let the errors of their ways produce ultimate outcomes that will only unfavorably return to them, hopefully teaching them to be better people.


***The plot twist is the hidden meaning in the title.

© Copyright 2019 Lorem Ipsum, Perhaps? (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lorem Ipsum, Perhaps? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958274-Common-Denominator