*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958456-Are-you-artistic
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#958456 added May 7, 2019 at 10:59am
Restrictions: None
Are you artistic?
They say art is subjective. What is art to you?


signature dancing owl "EVERY ARTIST WAS FIRST AND AMATEUR" by Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803--1882)
From: A Treasury of Great American Quotations

I like scenery pictures or artistic paintings of animal life and nature. I found a painting of a tall ship in the salvation army, which I brought home and hung on our wall. I found a painted bird picture of a cross-billed bird on a piece of barn board at a yard sale and a chickadee painted on sandstone at a flea market. I hung them both on my walls. And, a huge ring of grasses (looks like African Art).

My daughter-in-law is an artist. Actually, An excellent artist with a degree in art. She gave me a charcoal drawing,a characatur of A lion lying down with a lamb. It really is an interesting picture.

When I was in college I took a course in Art Appreciation. I wish I had also taken the Music Appreciation course. In the art course we were subjected to all the masters who painted in European Cathedrals and other paintings as well.Art taught on a time line so we saw cave drawings down to more modern ideas. Where we live there are lots of chain saw artists. They carve things out of tree stumps. Another kind of newer art is welded art. Pieces of discarded metal welded together to make a ????

Down the road from us is a large piece of acreage that changed hands after the elderly gentlemen who owned it died. The new owner is not well liked. But, he put one of these chainsaw carvings in his front yard of a pioneer with a coonskin cap and a flintlock rifle, It"s kind of *Cool*. It kind of speaks of what he believes.

Over the years TV detective and other kinds of shows have tried to mingle crime stories with gross art. Mm? Not sure how that works.

So, I looked up the word subjective just to be sure. It gives me a way out of this discussion. Whatever trips your trigger, as long as it is not exploiting the subject of the picture. Art is art. Pornography is pornography. They are not done with the same voice or reasoning behind them.

This is a long video so if you are interested, you can skip ahead to see the finished pieces after you get the jist of the piece.



Badges are also art. *WDC*has some artists as well, as writers.

The end Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne /center}



© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958456-Are-you-artistic