*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959368-The-gift-of-a-sound-mind
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #2093535
One man's journey to find the way home
#959368 added May 21, 2019 at 3:30am
Restrictions: None
The gift of a sound mind
I am trying to make sense of life and that means I need to enter the battle with my mind intact. My attitude and belief will get me past the traumas and nightmares of the past that move to imprison me for life

I am a victim only as long as I choose to be. I eat and eat when I feel bad and nothing tastes good. It is the emptiness that gnaws. The scripture is in first or second Timothy 1:7. For God has not given us a spirit of timidity or cowardice of cringing fawning fear. But he has given us a spirit of power and of love and of calm and we'll balanced mind and discipline and self control.

I can win the battle with God's Word committing to write on verse at least and commentary on blog. I hope to do this daily, especially when I feel the need to eat sugar, which tends to feed my need to punish myself with a reward that leads me to self loathing. This will take time. I am at 210 as if the writing of this blog. At the end of the month I hope to celebrate a sound mind by holding myself accountable to what I eat. May the word of God be my primary diet in order that the love of God casts out fear. Help me God. With that in mind I seek to name one way I know love infilling. Today it was in being with Sharon with my arm around her. I love the one God loves even if I do not understand. That is a sound mind. God loves me in that same way even as I seek out loves that ❤️ bind me rather than lift me up in praise to the only one setting me free.

I will besides the ongoing blog, do at least one review and write something to praise God about as regularly as I am able. I will start with a goal of one more than I did yesterday and see where it goes from there at months end. God give me strength and a passion to be of sound mind, not crazy ir stupid as the voices of my past claim. I belong to the healing and hearing of God's voice without expectations I will get my own way, not needing to suffer.

© Copyright 2019 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959368-The-gift-of-a-sound-mind