*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959451-Working-Through-a-Negative-Encounter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#959451 added May 22, 2019 at 12:29pm
Restrictions: None
Working Through a Negative Encounter
I was at a lady's home Monday evening for a Christian "book study."  There was talk between two of the ladies about allowing people who also come to the "healing house" to enter the food pantry early on Friday's at 11:00 a.m. to take what they like prior to opening the grounds at 1:00 p.m. to the public.  I spoke up and said that I didn't think that would be right because "God is no respecter of persons."  The others are not even permitted on the church grounds until 1:00 p.m.  I then gave a paraphrase of the other scripture where people were treated differently at a banquet---the poor were invited to sit on the ground while the more privileged were given a nice seat.  Then one lady actually laughed at me.  At this point, I stood to leave, saying I will not be mocked. 

There was heated banter.  One lady inferred that this might keep me from working in the food pantry.  It really was shocking how offended and offensive these ladies became when I told them what I thought. 

Finally, it ended when I said that I did not want to belabor this and asked if we could move on.

-----------------------

The whole scenario has been on my mind since it happened; today is Wednesday.  I repented to God because in hindsight I felt pride caused me to stand and say "I will not be mocked."  I've also prayed for conviction of all concerned of sin and of righteousness; and I have asked God to bring correction.  However, the scenario keeps playing in my mind.  Now, I am casting down those thoughts and will continue to cast them down when they try to "replay." 

© Copyright 2019 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959451-Working-Through-a-Negative-Encounter