*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
6
7
13
14
20
21
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959463-The-Quest-for-Home-in-Verse-Chapter-1-Casas-Perspective
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(112)
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2172808
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#959463 added May 22, 2019 at 5:30pm
Restrictions: None
The Quest for Home in Verse: Chapter #1, Casa's Perspective
"Oh! What has happened?" Casa wondered at the ratt'ling marbles in his head.
"I have some paws, but where are they among this blindness in my bed?
"I feel them now!" and with them felt his arms and legs and aching head."

"My darling son, oh, where is Quest? How could I lose this wondrous joy?
"How will I live beyond today without this one amazing boy?
"Not knowing is the saddest thing. My peace to the core it doth annoy."

"My Ossie, where are you, my dear? Can you yet hear my sobbing tones?"
His clawing, reaching, digging wild uncovered fur and form quite known.
He shook his love to quick affirm, that Ossie was no more at home.

"My dearest Love, it pains me sore to know, that you are truly gone."
Overwhelmed by grief his bellows filled the cave and realization's dawn,
"I must find Quest and honor you. To this great service, I am drawn."

"I love you, Ossie! Heaven's gain is my life's living, lasting loss.
"Your memory's each day's new refrain, my future hope to bear this cross.
"Our home, your tomb, I leave you now to shrouded be by furry moss."

The searching took on earnestness with Casa's cough through wheezing dust.
A front door must be somewhere near but covered now by earthquake's thrust.
Assay I do to backdoor's space. It must be open I hope, I trust.


The morning light showed through a thread. He swam through dirt and dust to gain
salvation's open door to peace. To find his son brought strength o'er pain.
Once outside the mausoleum's grasp, the sunlight stung his eyes to strain.

As Casa scrambled here and there in search of Quest, his only son,
he scratched and clawed for Hope's last thread, until his strength was nearly done.
He shouted loud, until quite hoarse as on his paws he quickly spun.

"O, God, where are you? Will you help? Is there direction yet to walk?
"Do you exist? Are you a myth? Or to the wind do I now talk?
"How silent you are in this test. Salvation's strength is like a rock."

"Please, help me keep my mind on You for fear would shred my hope to dust.
"Please, blow direction's hopeful way. Let wind yet push me through a gust.
"I know I'll find him come what may. My God is true! In Him, I'll trust!"


by Jay O'Toole
on May 22nd, 2019


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2019 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959463-The-Quest-for-Home-in-Verse-Chapter-1-Casas-Perspective