*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959776-Weekend-Plans
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#959776 added May 28, 2019 at 8:38am
Restrictions: None
Weekend Plans
30 Day Blogging Challenge
PROMPT May 25th
Write about your plans for the weekend. If you had 48 hours to do whatever you wanted, no holds barred, how would you spend your time?


I'm playing at catch up again today because this weekend went exactly as I had planned! We kicked it off with an after school Friday evening playdate for my daughter and her friend that morphed into a sleepover. It had been about a month since she's had a proper play date and I was happy to see her laughing and goofing around on the trampoline with her bestie.

Since she was occupied, I was able to switch over my closet to my spring and summer garb and catch up on the laundry pile this effort typically generates each season. The rest of the weekend was spent at home, working on the yard. It was the thing that had been the most neglected when we purchased the home. There was a lot of overgrowth that was hiding lovely natural rock formations and the process of recovery is surprisingly rewarding. It has been a wonderful way to reclaim the property, laying fresh mulch down and planting new flowers. The weather was absolutely perfect, making up at last for so many days of rain.

The weekend ended, as I would like them all too, with a cookout with family. We ate on the deck with the torches and toasted marshmellows on the fire table. It was seasonal perfection!

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959776-Weekend-Plans