*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960415-Why
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2192351
A little of this and a little of that. Whatever (if anything) comes into my head.
#960415 added June 8, 2019 at 8:33pm
Restrictions: None
Why?!?
A couple of years ago, when I retired, we moved from a small (pop. 70,000) town in South Carolina to an even smaller (pop. 7,000) town in Ohio. Whenever I tell that to someone around here, the response is usually "Why?!?"

Of course, they're always thinking of the weather. Ohio is colder and lasts a little longer, but there's so much more to choosing where to live than that. I usually give the short answer, that it gets too hot in the summer in South Carolina and explaining that my wife and I are originally from Ohio, about 40 to 50 miles away and we found a really good deal on a house with a few acres, a stream, and some woods out back. It really is beautiful. Also, my wife's mother who is 95 lives within an hour drive so that was a big part of the decision.

But I really love the small town atmosphere. I got the town newspaper yesterday (free, supported by local businesses) listing the coming activities for the month including the community band concerts, a parade and a street fair.

Of course, no place is perfect, and we do miss our South Carolina home sometimes. After all, we lived there for about 40 years, but even after only a couple of years this place just feels like home.

© Copyright 2019 BlueJay (UN: bluejay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BlueJay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960415-Why