*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960604-Grilling--Games
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#960604 added June 11, 2019 at 12:25am
Restrictions: None
Grilling & Games
What are some of the outdoor games/activities that'll be happening at your summer barbecue?

Lawn Darts. It helps to weed out the slow and/or unlucky, thus improving the gene pool.

While I don't do barbecues these days, I do attend events at breweries. Many of these events are essentially great big outdoor [shudder] barbecues.

There are two games that always show up at these beer festivals: Giant Jenga and Cornhole.

Giant Jenga is just like Jenga, only they use 2x4s. I've never played it (or the miniature version), but it looks like a fun thing to do when you've been drinking. The "getting out of the way of the collapsing tower" part is my favorite bit to watch.

Cornhole, the game that awakens my inner Beavis, is basically just an inclined slab of plywood with a hole in it. You're supposed to chuck a beanbag through the hole, or something. It's like horseshoes, only you don't get the evolutionary benefits as with lawn darts. I think the beanbag is actually a cornbag, hence the name - though why someone thought "cornhole" was less juvenile than "beanhole," I'll never know.

Me, I'd rather find a place to set up my gaming laptop, or find a group to play D&D with. Provided, of course, we can go inside or at least find some shade.

© Copyright 2019 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960604-Grilling--Games