*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961700-Phone-power
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#961700 added June 28, 2019 at 5:34pm
Restrictions: None
Phone power
She calls out in her mother's voice,"There is trash to be taken out and grass to be cut."
A responding glare is the teenager' s response.

Mama says, "Dinner is served when the chores are done."

Like a zombie he walks to the kitchen and grabs from the cabinet a bag of chips. Stuffing his mouth as he walks away, mama gives a love tap to the back of the head. The teenager smiles and nods, as he says, "I'm not really hungry, yet."

Mama's blood pressure rises as she glances at the overflowing trash. She is quite aware that nagging doesn't work. The tool she employs is subtraction of the things that he loves.

"I think I will be keeping the car to myself if these things don't get done!" she hollers aloud for the child to hear.

"That's okay. I wasn't going out tonight and I think it needs gas anyway," the boy mutters under his breath.

The mama rolls her eyes as the steam shoots from her ears. She decides to use reason and guilt on the child. "i have been working all day and the least that you can do is help with the things I ask of you," she says with disdain.

"Awe, mom, it's my summer vacation. I'm supposed to have fun.I got that job like you told me. That's going to eat up all of my free time," he whines.

"Free time? What is that? I haven't seen that in twenty something years," with guilt's force great with this mama..

"I'll do it in a minute,mom.I promise" he responds.

"Fine, when it is done you can have your phone back."

Like a cannon he shoots out of the chair, quick to his tasks, and back again. He picked up his socks,watered the flowers, and swept the deck too. This fine teenager even picked a rose for his mama and made dinner for us all. I have always said the phone is a fantastic piece of technology!

© Copyright 2019 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961700-Phone-power