*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961946-Jacob-the-Owl
Rated: E · Book · Children's · #2193082
These stories will tell the tale of Little Bat and her adventures outside the cave.
#961946 added July 2, 2019 at 10:17pm
Restrictions: None
Jacob the Owl
"We're we going today mommy?" Little Bat asked when she woke up.

"We're going to visit Jacob today. Jacob is an owl," Alicia said.

Then they took off from the ceiling of the cave and headed out. Soon they were flying over the forest that surrounded their home. After a little bit they flew straight into one of the trees. The branches made flying difficult, but they made it to the tree trunk. In the hole rested a big, white owl. This owl looked pretty large. As soon as they landed on a branch underneath the hole the owl woke up and climbed onto the branch.

"Good evening Alicia and Little Bat. What brings you here today?" Jacob said.

"We want some good wisdom from you. I am teaching Little Bat here about how wise owls are," Alicia said.

"Why, I have plenty of stories to speak of. Now, I am going over to the lake. Care to join me at the lake?" Jacob said.

"We can certainly do that. We'll follow you," Alicia said.

"Come this way," Jacob said.

They flew all the way over to the lake. Little Bat grew tired of flying quickly and landed on Jacob to go the rest of the way. This lake was a ways out and looked clear as they flew around it. Then Jacob and Alicia landed in the grass. Little Bat woke up and flew off of Jacob and onto the ground.

"Now, if you look carefully when you stare at the water, you'll see a reflection of yourself in the water. It can be quite healing if you're in a bad mood," Jacob said walking toward the edge of the bank.

"That would be so cool. Let me try," Little Bat said.

Little Bat walked to the edge of the bank and then stared down at the water. At first she couldn't see a reflection of herself. Then she looked closer and saw a smiling bat staring back at her. She gasped in awe. Whenever she paid attention to the water she never cared to see her reflection before. After staring into the water for a little bit then Jacob began telling a story about the water's reflection. After he finished it became time for Alicia and Little Bat to go.

"See you later. Thank you for the story," Little Bat said.

"Anytime now. Whenever you come to the lake just look in the water and see your reflection," Jacob said.

Alicia and Little Bat headed back to the cave. They were happy about tonight's meeting with Jacob. Now Little Bat had a new perspective about the lake. About halfway there she landed on her mother and fell asleep. Alicia flew the rest of the way to the cave. There some fruit were brought in to eat. Little Bat woke up and ate some of the fruit.
© Copyright 2019 Angelica- Happy May 5th! (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- Happy May 5th! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961946-Jacob-the-Owl