*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962135-Poison
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Music · #2195047
Created for Musicology Anthology Contest
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#962135 added July 6, 2019 at 2:52am
Restrictions: None
Poison
Sharon sat in her kitchen, quietly sipping her chamomile tea and thinking about the events of the previous night. She still couldn't quite believe what had happened. Twenty years of marriage and not once had her beloved husband laid so much as a finger on her in anger. Then, BOOM, last night everything changed. The argument played out over and over in her mind as she absent-mindedly caressed the bruise beneath her right eye.

"How could you be so fucking stupid!" Bob yelled, his face turning as crimson as a ripe tomato. "What the hell were you thinking, Sharon?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize..."

"No, I suppose you didn't, did you? You never were very bright, but your looks and your big tits blinded me. Now that you're old and fat and saggy it is painfully obvious that I married a complete nincompoop!"

"I'm not stupid," Sharon snapped. "I just forgot..."

"Forgot? How could you forget? This is unforgivable. Absolutely unforgivable!"

Sharon's lip quivered and tears began to fall from her pale blue eyes.

Bob looked like he was about to have a coronary. "Oh no, don't you pull that crocodile tears, emotional manipulation on me, Sharon. Stop that shit right fucking now!"

"Please, please stop yelling at me," she sobbed. "Please. I said I was sorry! I didn't realize that the cable bill was due already. I just forgot. I'll pay it in the morning and they'll turn us back on right away."

Bob glared at her, "How am I going to watch the game tonight, Sharon, with no cable? Huh? Tell me!"

"You could go over to Lenny's."

Without warning, Bob's fist met Sharon's eye, hard and fast. She was so shocked she didn't even flinch or cry at first. She just stared at him, mouth and eyes wide open. The pain didn't even start to set in until a few minutes after the fact.

"You know Lenny fucked me over at work and stole my promotion and raise. I'm not calling that piece of shit for nothing. Now get me a fucking beer, I'll be outside on the porch. Hurry up!"

Sharon calmly walked into the kitchen, opened him a bottle of Coors Light and carried it into the pantry. On the top shelf, behind the cans of tuna and chicken noodle soup was a small container. He had never hit her before, but he had never really been all that nice to her either. She had suspected it was only a matter of time before he lost control of his temper. Her mama had always warned her, "Let a man hit you once and he'll think he can do it again and again."

She opened the small tin and poured the innocuous looking white powder into his beer, swishing it around gently to dissolve it.

Sharon headed out to the porch and handed her husband the bottle. "There you are, dear," she said, sweetly. "I'm really sorry about the cable bill. i'll take care of it first thing in the morning."

"Good. Now go away and leave me alone." Bob took a big swig of his Coors Light. "This tastes a little funny," he growled. "Go get me..." He gasped, his eyes rolled back in his head, and then he was still.

Sharon walked back into the house, turned the porch light off, locked the door, and went to bed.



Word Count:564

Your cruel device
Your blood, like ice
One look, could kill
My pain, your thrill
I wanna love you but I better not touch (don't touch)
I wanna hold you, but my senses tell me to stop
I wanna kiss you but I want it too much (too much)
I wanna taste you but your lips are venomous poison
You're poison, running through my veins
You're poison
I don't want to break these chains
Your mouth, so hot
Your web, I'm caught
Your skin, so wet
Black lace, on sweat
I hear you calling and it's needles and pins (and pins)
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name
Don't want to touch you but you're under my skin (deep in)
I wanna kiss you but your lips are venomous poison
You're poison, running through my veins
You're poison
I don't want to break these chains
Poison
One look, could kill
My pain, your thrill
I wanna love you but I better not touch (don't touch)
I wanna to hold you, but my senses tell me to stop
I wanna to kiss you but I want it too much (too much)
I wanna taste you but your lips are venomous poison
You're poison, running through my veins
You're poison
I don't want to break these chains
Poison (poison)
I wanna love you but I better not touch (don't touch)
I wanna hold you, but my senses tell me to stop
I wanna kiss you but I want it too much (too much)
I wanna taste you but your lips are venomous poison
Yeah, well I don't want to break these chains
Poison (poison)
Runnin' deep inside my veins
Burnin' deep inside my brain (poison)
Poisoning (poison)
I don't want to break these chains (poison)
Poison
(Poison) I don't want to break these chains (poison)
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Desmond Child / John M. McCurry / Alice Cooper
Poison lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, Arts & Crafts Music Inc Dba Galleryac Music
© Copyright 2019 Grandma Penguin needs help (UN: mspenguin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Grandma Penguin needs help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962135-Poison