*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962847-A-beautiful-fun-filled-day-at-the-beach
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2079738
These are my works in progress that I haven't finished.
#962847 added August 21, 2019 at 9:06pm
Restrictions: None
A beautiful, fun-filled day at the beach
July 17 2019

A beautiful, fun-filled day at the beach

He watched as children ran, screaming and laughing, building sandcastles and chasing the waves up and down the beach. Ladies and teens sunbathed, their eyes glued to their phone screens, with the occasional book spotted in the crowd. A group of young men threw a ball around, teasing each other playfully when they dropped it. Music blasted from a Bluetooth speaker a little further down the beach and the smell of cooking food wafted through the air. He wiped his brow with the back of his hand and continued along the glaring white sand, it burned hot beneath the thin rubber of his sandals.

He came to the edge of the populated beach where it was quieter and the people were not as energetic, instead they were just enjoying the sun and sound of waves. The trees were closer to the beach here which cast dancing shadows on the sand as the breeze blew. He flicked open his fold up chair and planted it carefully in the sand then lowered himself down into it, dropping his backpack next to it in the sand. He looked out into the surf and then back down the beach from where he had walked.
© Copyright 2019 JubeCube ~ official homeowner! (UN: jubecube at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JubeCube ~ official homeowner! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962847-A-beautiful-fun-filled-day-at-the-beach