*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965598
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #2199873
This is a legacy first edition self-published Nov 2011. I was only 15 years old back then.
#965598 added September 5, 2019 at 4:57am
Restrictions: None
Blessed Hatching (III)
Blessed Hatching (III)

The night of Star-fall was calming and quiet amongst the Infernals, the Kelrethan moons at the highest point in the night sky. The egg in Fierya’s nest was a deep rich tone of bright ruby red now, while also thin lines of a light azure tint glowed along small parts of the shell. With life inside, the egg had an aura of warmth, clearly showing life bolstered once more. Only a few moments passed by as the egg remained idle in the night, until suddenly as being overdue, the egg gave a small shake, making a tiny rustle in the nest. Being in unrest, Fierya heard the quiet movement noise, having not been deep asleep, she raises her head after blinking a few times, glancing to her egg that was thought dead, a sudden look of pleading hope shone in Fierya’s cyan eyes as she cautiously gives her egg a gentle nudge, to in response it shook slightly more. Opening her maw, Fierya lets out a short yawn, before gently nuzzling Furyan to wake him.

“My beloved… The egg! It is to hatch!”

Fierya exclaimed with excitement and joy, having now lost all her drowsiness due to the event of her egg finally hatching! Fierya’s heart was pounding, feeling as loud as roaring thunder while beating as strong as clashing lightning, causing her breathing to deepen a little heavier, for the fear of her new-born child being a dead egg was gone! Furyan groans as he woke up from his sleep, looking to his mate rather sleepy before letting out a yawn, loud and long.

“Truly is it? If so it has chosen quite the time during Star-fall…”

Furyan spoke as he kept himself awake, looking to the egg.
“Yes my dearest it is time alas! Dead egg it is not! Oh, what joy this brings to see our child awaken, granted to a new life!”

Both Fierya and Furyan have feared that their egg and child inside would not ever make it, one reason being that it has been sixty-four dawns since the egg was laid, and naturally it takes around fifty-six dawns for a Infernal-newborn to hatch. The fear started when one dawn after the fifty-eighth dawn because it has only taken their first child Teralen, fifty-eight dawns to hatch many cycles ago, so fear rose when that dawn passed as the egg has yet to hatch until now. Furyan had high expectations to have a son for him to be able to teach and help grow, since they already have a daughter, and so he having a son would grant him a male child for him to take care of. Fierya was slightly worried to herself, knowing all too well that Furyan wants to have a son, as he at times talked about many times, though an important fact she herself knew all too well, was that she couldn’t control what gender the new-born would be. Despite not knowing the gender, Fierya deep inside prayed that the new-born would be female, so that her first daughter would have then a little sister to grow and share a sisterly bond with.

“It is starting to hatch.”

Furyan stated out in a mumble. Fierya had no need to respond, keeping her eyes upon the egg as they watched as their egg shook slightly more, a little squeak was heard from within the shell as the baby tries to break free from the tight, dark egg. Small cracks started to be seen upon the shell as the child inside squirmed, working its way out while squeaking more. Fierya silently cleared her throat before she began humming sweetly to her egg, her child within, already having pure love for her new child. Furyan watched silently, glancing for a moment to Fierya as she hums, though he kept himself quiet to let her hum. The notes of the tune were sweet and tender, as it is soft and gentle, to assure the young one that it was safe. The tune, notes and tone had a strong emotional feeling and expression that was felt and heard by all dragons, even young if any others were around, would be able to sense the true meaning of humming. Fierya’s soft song was expressed without words, as if saying but with no voice;

~“Come out my little one… It is time to embrace the world… Come out my little one, for evermore shall you be loved…”~

Fierya continued her soft melody of humming as she gently prodded the cracked egg with her snout, seeing a large piece of the shell breaking off, a loud squeaks followed as the gooey egg slime dripped from where the shell broke. Within a few moments, the rest of the shell shattered, revealing a slender and goo covered new-born female with bright ruby red hide. To both Fierya’s and Furyan’s surprise, their new born had symbols of bright azure blue on her body, showing immediate uniqueness. The child had a triangular serpentine head with two even small and straight horn nubs.

Upon examining the new-born, it was clearly seen that those azure blue symbols, looked like twisted and curved flame, like azure fire all along her body, radiating a faint glow. The markings appeared to start from the upper right side of her snout, under her small eye ridge that thinly drew along to the jawbone. Three of the symbols trailed down her neck, leading to a large marking along her right side, almost looking like a thin, twisted crescent flame. Further noticed, there were two symbols upon each of her limbs, from two upon her forelimbs and hinds. Lastly, two thin spindly twisted symbols were along her tail base to the tip, with three inches spacing in the middle. Strangely noticed is that not all the symbols were the same size, shape, curve or rotation. The new-born female squeaked as she was slumped upon the ground, wet from the slime that even covered between her fragile weak chest plates. With eyes closed, she squeaked with fear as the tight egg around her was no longer there. The last noticed detail of her body was that she did not have either any neck or tail spikes. Once Furyan had a good look at the new-born, he grunted with a shocked snort, for the body was slender agile looking, with a lighter tint hide right away noticing it was female.

“It’s…another female..?”

Furyan spoke with a surprised and shocked tone. Fierya gently picked up her new-born child, starting to preen the egg slime off the little body, humming still while pretending that she did not hear Furyan speak.

“How could we have another female..? I’ve wanted a son…Not another female that will be all whiny and emotional and whom will need more care like what we had to give for Teralen… And look upon her body! Those… symbols, they appear to even glow! What if she has been cursed, shown by the markings she bears?”

Furyan spoke out gruffly, not angered at having another child, though was highly upset and quite disappointed for the child was another female. Fierya looked to him and responded harshly with a warning glare n her cyan eyes though spoke gentle so she did not scare her little one.

“She is OUR child, and you shall love her full-heartedly for she is your blood and my own, and she shall grow to be a strong, beautiful dragon one day, I can sense that. Her body symbols are unique and no curse. I would imagine it is a blessing from the mighty Creator himself! I could not control if it was a female or male, just as you cannot.”

Furyan snorted, looking over the body of their new daughter.

“If she is a blessing then we will have to see.”

He replied shortly.


The new-born opened her eyes and blinks after moments of getting cleaned of the egg goo, her eyes were a light cyan blue that was noticeably azure, for there was a tint to them unlike her mothers, which were a deep cyan. Having now sight, the new-born squeaked with worry as she sees the two larger dragons, starting to shake in her own fear. It has taken a few moments before he looked at Fierya, whom was holding her, feeling the sudden fear slowly wash away as a warmth inside spoke,

~mum~.

As the new-born listened to her mother’s song being hummed, the little child felt soothed and loved, causing her own shaking to stop. Shortly she then glanced to the other big dragon, that was her father, looking to him curiously with her unique eyes, unsure why he looked… so upset to see her, feeling an unwelcoming sinking feeling in her little heart. Fierya gave her little one a loving nuzzle to her body, causing her to chirp a small and happy squeak, feeling safe and loved by her mother.

“Look at her dearest… her eyes… they are like mine but… They glow of the Azuren! A blessing she must be for to bear Azuren eyes and markings… our precious little one…”

Fierya spoke light and gentle, soothing and caring so as to not frighten the young one who felt comforted by the gentle grip being provided while hearing the tender hum.
Furyan looked over the child, not taking his eyes off the body, before then speaks in a low tone for he was still hurt in emotion that he now hidden inside.

“Yes, she is… unique. Perhaps she will not grow to be a burden or a curse. Only time will tell. Now, I wonder which is your choice, dear, what do we name our… daughter?”

An upset tone was heard as Furyan spoke, Fierya giving him a warning disapproving look to not talk such a tone in front of the new-born. The young child looked up at her parents; her small wings were draped and folded against her back, noticeably thin. Looking up to her mother with her azure eyes, she lets out a cute squeak, hearing her father say something about a name? What was that? Was it something spoken? She did not know. Her bright eyes were happy to be held and to see her mother, snuggling close in her mother’s warm paws, listening to her mother hum, before hearing her mother speak in a tender tone.

“I Think… I shall name her… Korvia. Korvia Xelereth Azura. Our… little… Korvi.”

Then after naming, Fierya gave her little Korvi a loving motherly lick to her small body.

~Korvi…~

The word rang through her little mind, something she knew she would remember…something that was hers…and only hers.

~Korvi…~

She thought once more as her small mind and body drifted to sleep slowly without even knowing it, comforted greatly by her mother’s loving warm paws, feeling the soothing embrace of a wing sliding over her, as if a shelter from harm, as all the light around her went pitch black, for the wing closed off all the light. Fierya lowered her own head and closed her eyes…With her little Korvi loved and protected, the little one fell asleep.
© Copyright 2019 Shaolth (UN: shaolth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shaolth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965598