*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966423-Heading-Out
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#966423 added September 19, 2019 at 10:21am
Restrictions: None
Heading Out
We, my wife and I, are headed out to get some of our belongings that are still residing at our old address. We still have quite a bit to move, and I'm hoping we can get it in one last trip, but it's likely we will have to make this run at least once more. We have a pickup, so we can haul quite a bit, but we have some rather large items left to move.

I had pondered the idea of renting a truck just to make sure we could get everything. I looked and compared pricing and then began the online process. Now, I had looked into this around the end of last week, and found pricing about the same except for mileage, one was 15 cents the other possibility was 17 cents.

Yesterday, the mileage rates were higher, 65 cents and 72 cents! Why? The increase in fuel costs I assume. Not that they would be paying for the fuel, but what else would have increased the cost? We looked into round trip and one way rentals, and the rates were the same." Oh well, I should have procured the vehicle last week," I thought to myself.

I filled in the required information and the estimated cost was 220 dollars. Next was insurance, we'll round it up to 100 dollars. Checkout time, and the amount due is almost 450 dollars! No explanation why  it was so much higher than the previous quote. Also, it stated a deposit was needed at the time we pick up the vehicle, 650 dollars! There was no way I could come up with a grand overnight.

On to the next renter. Final cost was a bit higher do to the higher mileage rates, about 250 dollars. Insurance was next; we picked the lowest option, 40 dollars, and added a one time fee of 10 dollars that covered any mess, dirt or other possibility we could be charged extra for. 300 dollars and no deposit fi we paid with a credit card. More than I had wanted to spend, but if it got everything moved, it would be worth it. I proceeded to check out and finish the process before anything else caused rate increases. No vehicles available in our area.

More time wasted; I proceeded to look at a one way move and went through the entire process again. A one way move would be about 100 dollars cheaper, but since we would have to drive there to pick up the truck, the added fuel for the trip would make the cost about the same. Okay, my wife can bring the pick-up back, I'll drive he truck, and we will for sure have everything moved. I completed the online forms and guess what? They now needed a security deposit since we were renting in a state we did not reside in. Yep, around 650 dollars!

We will drive the pick-up back there, get as much as we can, and if needed, go get the rest another day.

© Copyright 2019 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966423-Heading-Out