*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966433-Lifes-Twists-and-Turns
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#966433 added September 19, 2019 at 1:38pm
Restrictions: None
Life's Twists and Turns
Has your life turned out the way you had planned it? I know mine has not. Who knows at age 18 when all possibilities are laid out before you what you will choose. College or work. Marriage or just a series of partners.

I attended my 50th high school reunion this past summer. It was pretty amusing, actually. Overall most of the classmates that were the smartest had achieved greatness in the eyes of the world. There was a dentist, and a lawyer, and a chemist that had numerous award and patents. But there were also the regular folks. There were nurses, teachers, and bus drivers. Plus those that never worked but did the real achieving in the world - mothers and fathers.

My husband couldn't go with me, so my mother came along. When she first told me she thought of going, I was a little curious and a bit put off. But then I thought, why not? After all, she was the librarian for the town library for many years. She saw a lot of these people come in over the years. She wanted to be part of the party as well. Oh yes, I guess she also wanted to spend time with me. So we went together. My mother was my date. Not too many people can say their mother is around for their 50th high school reunion.

So among the many twists and turns life takes you, may you always take time to make your mother happy, even if it means having her as your date to a big event.


© Copyright 2019 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966433-Lifes-Twists-and-Turns