*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966696-chocolate-angel-temptation-nightmare-claws
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2079738
These are my works in progress that I haven't finished.
#966696 added November 10, 2019 at 4:46am
Restrictions: None
chocolate, angel, temptation, nightmare, claws
“Why’s it always gotta be a ’bandoned building?” Chris complained loudly as the car rolled to a stop in front of the gate, the tyres crunched on the gravel. Margaret rolled her eyes and looked at Sarah sitting beside her. Her friend just shook her head with a knowing smile on her face, making a motion next to her right temple indicating that he was crazy. Margaret stifled a giggle.

“Cause we can’t enter a property with someone living there or occupying it.” Daniel replied as he looked through the windscreen of the car. “Now get out and open that gate so we can get the car inside and hidden from the road.” With another groan and curses being mumbled under his breath Chris exited the vehicle and gently closed the door. He pushed open one side of the gate which swung into the bushes behind it, the other side was a little more trouble and he had to tug it open enough for the car to fit through.

Daniel eased the car through the gate and stopped, waiting for Chris to close it and return to the vehicle, a moment later he jumped back into his seat, mumbling to himself, he pulled his backpack into his lap and rifled through it before pulling out a chocolate bar, unwrapping it he shoved half of it into his face and looked at Daniel. “We goin’ or what?” a glob of chocolate flew out of his mouth and landed on the middle console between them.

“You’re disgusting, you know that?” Daniel said and put the car back in drive. Chris shrugged and tried to wipe the chocolate away but only managed to smear it around. “You’re getting that cleaned.” Daniel told him at they began to drive down the long driveway. The girls couldn’t contain their laughter as they listened to the boy’s exchange. The laughter turned to awe as they rounded a curve. So far all they had seen were the high hedges lining the driveway.

Now, through the windscreen they could see the mansion, but before that, creating a circular path in front of the entry was a fountain. An angel stood proudly with a horn raised to her lips. Water no longer flowed but the marble statue still looked clean. Vines clung to the pool base but nothing touched the angel. Her wings were spread as though she would take flight any minute.

The mansion itself was in disrepair. They could see the front door stood ajar as they climbed out of the car. They spent several minutes filming the outside of the building and the fountain before they walked up the stairs to the door. Each one had a backpack, a flashlight, and a camera.

temptation nightmare claws
© Copyright 2019 JubeCube ~ official homeowner! (UN: jubecube at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JubeCube ~ official homeowner! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966696-chocolate-angel-temptation-nightmare-claws