*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/967800-Generosity-and-Good-Will
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#967800 added October 14, 2019 at 2:56pm
Restrictions: None
Generosity and Good Will
         I have to acknowledge the good intentions of a number of people, some of whom I have grown close, some of whom I'm still getting acquainted. I have been brought soup and cake by one person, soup and rip plums by another One brought a breakfast casserole, assembled and ready to be baked the next day. We ate it for 3 days, and a visiting family member polished it off this afternoon. We've had fruit salad (easily digestible fruits) and delicious chicken salad with raisins. One lady brought a quiche. My Bible study class sent a beautiful multi-colored mum.

         That means my bruised, sore body has had to amble to the door more times than I wished. I'm too slow these days for the door bell. Because of my blood thinner, my bruises go from above my waist almost down to my knees, and they hurt. Until my hemoglobin is back up, my doctor is concerned about me being light-headed and moving too quickly. But I should definitely keep moving. If only the guests could arrive when I'm walking or at least not in the bathroom.

         The food is nice. Not dirtying up a bunch of pans or cooking is nice, too. But it's the thoughtfulness that is overwhelming. People who are already busy have gone out of their way to cook something for me, to drive out of their area, and deliver what they thought would be helpful to me. You can never predict how much you can move someone with a container of soup, or a handmade dish. The kindness feeds the soul more than the food the body. I am truly blessed to know such wonderful people, and am encouraged by their tenderness.

© Copyright 2019 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/967800-Generosity-and-Good-Will