*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968190-Rant-of-the-day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#968190 added October 20, 2019 at 10:57pm
Restrictions: None
Rant of the day
So here's the rub, my husband and I don't use a cell phone, smart phone, device, whatever the catch phrase is today. Seems that you are penalized, though, these days in some ways if you don't use one.

An example: We go to a warehouse store and buy a weather station we saw and liked. It had wind direction and wind speed. Good to know the wind because the wind blows - A LOT - in our part of Montana sometimes. But we can't use this great machine because you need a WiFI enabled smart phone to connect to it. That we don't have. Wonderful - so now we have to take it back.

Guess we go back to the old way of finding out if it is windy - we look outside and check the trees, Oh, and the windsock across the street at the museum. The windsock is on top of an airplane hanger. (Doesn't everyone have an airplane hanger across the street from them next to a museum?)

So we continue to survive in this world without a smart phone. We have our computers and that is as far as we want to wander into the brave new world.

And just think of all the money we are saving!





© Copyright 2019 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968190-Rant-of-the-day