*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970415-The-Summit
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(116)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#970415 added November 25, 2019 at 11:31pm
Restrictions: None
The Summit
What can I prove here more than the words I share in this internet village? It's an unknowable game of push and pull, where I find I could be an element within certain neighborhoods. The words are cheery, greetings sincere. What is missing makes me feel like a wallflower at the dance, the kid who wasn't recruited to play on that team, the child who grew up and saw his little brother get all the women's attention? A life of mental conditioning and responses of distrust brought me along.

I don't need my cheeks pinched, better than most athletes I could dance circles around ladies manhandled across this floor -- the great divide. So, I journey about. Let me sit on the tallest hill and gaze upon the scene, pen my words into unseen pages under protective trees and my competent voice will echo songs down the valley that one might hear and join for awhile.

The dream is being found...where you are. The vision is not selling short and yearn love unconditional. The hope is learn from the past to be a better person who loves oneself foremost...no worries, no regrets. This quest never truly sought be alone.

The time is nearing on this quiet summit -- a feint heart undisturbed can rest. The sun will ply pleasant-smelling boughs to renew my heart daily. The moon will return to charm pale blue eyes that once did gleam...for all-of-you. If I didn't give back enough, I could recline 19 more years -- linger in the memories of ignorance corrupting innocence and wish I could see her fresh, full face one more time and kiss deeply, full on tender lips.

I'll never grow old if I hide. I can only die, when you accept me.

All I really want is something beautiful to say
To never fade away, I wanna live forever!



© Copyright 2019 Brian KC (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian KC has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970415-The-Summit