*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970635-Pics-Or-It-Didnt-Happen
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#970635 added November 28, 2019 at 7:13pm
Restrictions: None
Pics Or It Didn't Happen
PROMPT November 28th

Today, the prompt intentionally asks you to be succinct. It is also an invitation to enjoy your day first, before sitting down to write your entry, which I know is not the typical habit of some of you. But bear with me *Wink*

Intentionally enjoy your day before writing today’s entry. Be present with your family and friends or make an effort to do something you love. At the end of the day, when you are content and the house is quiet, write a maximum of five sentences describing the most positive thing you will remember about today.


A rainbow spanned the Hudson River.

I saw it today while riding in an Uber from Newark toward Manhattan; it appeared against ominous clouds to the north while the low-slung sun shone from the southern sky.

Delicate, ephemeral, attenuated, it would not have survived capture in my phone's camera, so I didn't even try. I just stared out the window, glad for once that I was not driving so that I could etch its image into the contours of my mind: a rainbow at noon, prismatic colors sprayed over that most bleak of urban/industrial landscapes like otherworldly graffiti.

Remarkable, really, how you can find beauty in the most unexpected of places and at the most unlikely of times.

© Copyright 2019 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970635-Pics-Or-It-Didnt-Happen