*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970687-Gifting
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#970687 added November 29, 2019 at 1:24pm
Restrictions: None
Gifting
Write about gifting! What’s on your list? What do you have your eye on for yourself and what do you want to gift to your family and friends? Homemade or store bought? What was the best gift you ever received?

signature dancing owl *StockingR*


Gifts


“What you are is God's gift to you, what you become is your gift to God.” Hans Urs von Balthasar, Prayer
Reference:https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/gift

I usually buy myself a gift. It's always something I really want but, won't spend money on other times during the year. I started doing this year's ago when K wasn't giving anyone gifts. I like and have always liked Christmas. It's a birthday celebration to me. However, it has been a type of problem since I was young, in families of which I've been a part.

When the children get older start to leave home have families of their own gifting becomes a strain as the family gets bigger. Some members of the family have more money than others. So, gifting becomes what binds the family Christmas together or finishes the scattering, so some members no longer want to get together. Really if I think about it, gifting is the excuse for a family break apart more than a real reason.

The to gift or not to gift happened in my fathers family. Then it happened in K's family. And somewhat in my family. Although, having been through it in younger years with other families I made it clear that the reason for the season was to enjoy each others company and not to feel obligated to bring gifts. Now some of us bring gifts others do not. No problem.

The other problem with gifting is when some people simply do not believe in Christmas as a holiday. Birthdays also suffer this phenomenon. I simply like to give things to people and I suffer from a monetary inability to give as much as I would like.

This season, I chose to buy a particular gift that I am giving to everyone outside of K and I. I have one gift bought for the cats and one for K.

All the children and grandchildren that consider me family are getting a gift from me. And, I had an idea about crafting something for the children who range in ages 19 to youngest is about 8. I'm going to spend sometime today on the crafting. The tree box is out of the closet and hopefully it will be down the stairs before the day is over. (I can't really tell what I bought family because of the blog)

The guys are getting ready for the first day of deer season today. Left overs from yesterday are what we eat. We love Thanksgiving left overs here.

I need to get my dog a coat I think he is now 10 so he seems to feel the cold more this year.

There is breach in my family because my two boys from my first marriage do not celebrate with us. I would prefer to be able to gift for them and their families as well but, at the moment that is not an option.

The best gift I ever received? Probably a collie pup. It wasn't for any reason just because. It was a surprise.

My first son brought me a piece of wood from his trip down the Amazon river. I made it into a stool fro the house.

Another good gift was; My second son brought a book home he wanted me to read. It was a story about how the Devil treats women. He had to return it because it was borrowed, but it was a really good book. I've been looking for a copy of it lately, but I'm not sure of Author, or title, because it was an old book and I only had it long enough to read it. Did not write down pertinent facts. Also, it was probably 30 years ago that I read it.

My third son takes me to movies that I want to see on Mother's Day.

My daughter always brought me good additions to my wardrobe. She has good taste in clothing.

Now I'm looking for gifts people will find useful in today's tech age.

Give a gift that's needed if it's possible!

*CandyCaneP* *XMasTree* *BulbB*













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970687-Gifting