*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970710-I-Felt-So-Symbolic-Yesterday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#970710 added November 30, 2019 at 12:20am
Restrictions: None
I Felt So Symbolic Yesterday
PROMPT November 30th

Congratulations on making it to the last day of the competition! What was your favorite prompt from the last month? Did you learn anything new about your fellow competitors? What was the most rewarding aspect of participating in the competition?


Well, that was a fast 30 days.

I am shocked to report that my favorite prompt was the Thanksgiving one. You remember, the five-sentences one? I didn't expect that one to be my favorite. No, not at all. I went back to my hotel room on Wednesday, having achieved beerenity, and read the prompt and was like, "But there's nothing I'm going to enjoy about Thanksgiving."

And then the next day I saw that damn rainbow and I nodded and I was like, "Okay. Okay, Universe. Fine. You win this round."

But hey, to be fair, the rest of the day wasn't bad. It's just that it had a high bar to clear after that.

Today, though... you know, some days just work out. Er... by "today," I mean of course yesterday, because I'm posting this at my usual first-hour time on Saturday, but since I haven't slept I still consider it to be today. But it was yesterday. Time is relative; shut up.

Point is, today I saw Bob Dylan on stage. Whatever you think of his music - honestly it's not my favorite, either - there's something special about being in the same room with someone who redefined an entire art form.

But even before that, as I was pre-loading at a taphouse - I did say in a blog entry earlier this month that I wanted to drink more before the end of the year, and, well, mission fucking accomplished - I had just achieved beerenity when this song played over the place's speakers:



Which is Counting Crows' homage to Bob Dylan.

Mr Jones and me
Stumbling through the Barrio
Yeah, we stare at the beautiful women
She's perfect for you
Man, there's got to be somebody for me
I wanna be Bob Dylan
Mr Jones wishes he was someone just a little more funky
When everybody love you
Oh! Son, that's just about as funky as you can be


Seems like the surefire way to make me feel actual happiness is beer and music. Especially if there's something meaningful about the music. There is, of course, always something meaningful about beer.

So. Anyway. Fellow 30DBCers, thanks for reading and commenting - really appreciated all the comments, also enjoyed reading your blogs. Hope you'll stick around; I'm not going to stop posting, though I can't say I'll hit every day in December because I have more traveling (and drinking) to do. Until then, rock on!

© Copyright 2019 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970710-I-Felt-So-Symbolic-Yesterday