*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971096-a-stream-of-consciousness-piece
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#971096 added December 7, 2019 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
a stream of consciousness piece
Prompt: Set a timer, and spend five minutes writing a stream of consciousness post.

======

This is my favorite type of writing. In fact, I do this almost every day. It is midday now. 12:15. Saturday, December 2019. I think I’ll talk about my desktop wallpapers today. Because this is what I have in front of my eyes. At this time, I have the wallpaper of a placid ocean view with only a calm blue ocean under blue sky and a silhouette of a lone seagull in black. Smack in the middle of the wallpaper is the silhouette of a young girl, sitting watching the ocean. I love this wallpaper because it reminds me of myself when I was a young college student. The hairstyle of the girl is long with the ends curling upward at her shoulders. I had the same hair, then. On top the wallpapers toward the right side, I wrote in Gimp, a quote, which I don’t know the origin of, that says “In the end, all is between you and God. It was never between you and anyone, anyway!”
I don’t know why this quote talks to me. Maybe it reminds me of my deep-down part. I change my laptop wallpapers often. This one I use repeatedly, especially when I need to calm down, and this is the season to remind oneself to calm down as there are many exciting things and excited people all around. I found out that I don’t like to look at snow scenes. In real life I loved looking at the snow, especially under moonlight, as when we lived up north, we had a two-acre semi-wild yard with lots of trees and a clearing toward the back. The moonbeams would come through the branches, creating a hollow effect, but the snow on the clearing would shine like a whitish cover. No photo I have taken of it has done it justice, but the vision of it in my memory. How did I come to my once-upon-a-time backyard? I was talking about wallpapers, wasn’t I? So going back, before this wallpaper, I had another wallpaper last month. It had the cute photo of a small white dog with friendly eyes. On top of that one, I had written, “Joy, don’t slouch!” in Gimp, I only use Gimp to write on images. This one was to remind me of not slouching since I kept that wallpaper all through November while I was doing the NaNo, and I sat at the computer for long periods of a time. I don’t sit at the computer for very long, usually, but I keep going and coming throughout the day. Since I got an android for a phone, I check my email and other stuff I used to check on the laptop. This is why I don’t sit at the computer for too long nowadays, which is for the better because of my slouching habit. Recently I bought a shoulder brace to help me not slouch, but as I write this I am laughing because the brace is hanging at the back of my chair, as I forgot to wear it when I sat down at the laptop. I think my five minutes are up.

© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971096-a-stream-of-consciousness-piece