*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971434-Leftovers
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2207307
G-G-Golly W-Wally! What's this thing right here do?
#971434 added December 19, 2019 at 6:47pm
Restrictions: None
Leftovers
1:21 am
Today is the day my fiancé and I begin to celebrate her upcoming birthday with a 3 day vacation to an undisclosed location. We know where we're going but you don't... She has done all the preparation for us leaving the house while I nurse an upset tummy… I think I got a bad egg or something... maybe soft boiled and easy over isn't the best way to go. I'm going to be cremated after I die... not my first choice. I'd rather be dumped out in the deep wilderness and let nature take it's course... but they won't allow that. I'd like my ashes buried in the wild and a tree planted. I think I'd make excellent fertilizer. I don't think that's legal either, but it's a lot easier to get away with. I have a brass plate coming for my 20 years in the Navy.. I hope that can be utilized somehow but not sure how. All this will be in my fiancé's hands should I go first. I just hate the idea of my remains being locked inside an air tight container aa a financial burden to those left behind. Too much Logic!
I'm mixed in with the soils, a mixture of minerals, living organisms, and organic refuse of that which has lived and died before. Roots reach down to feed on what my ashes have to offer, the good and bad. My leftovers may nurture beetles, larvae, worms, grasses, weeds, flowers, trees, which in turn feeds future generations for as long as the earth exists. A sort of gifting, an exchange for the gift that was given me, and I return to the earth. I wonder if it's the same with my soul. The life that God gave to me is returned to God. Is there interest that must be paid for the borrowing of life, or was it a gift that I could keep?
Too much logic trying to force it's way in tonight... must prep for my journey... see you in a couple days!

© Copyright 2019 Rhychus (UN: rhychus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhychus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971434-Leftovers