*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972569-Roads-Portishead
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(116)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#972569 added January 8, 2020 at 8:04pm
Restrictions: None
Roads Portishead


This song is Explained as—

“...it's you being different from everyone else, being looked down upon, and having no one who agrees with what you are doing. You look for help, theres no one there. Thinking of alternatives, all you can come up with is to continue to try. After a while, and much consideration, you start to doubt what you are, and what makes you individual. So all in all, it's about rejection of who you are and no one wanting anything to do with who you are, and what you do.”

For others, music -- the experience:

"Back in 2004.. I was just coming out of my shell. Met this sweet dude who chose to chill with me instead of going to a party. We played hacky sack.. badly. Listened to some of his original music.. talked... then he played this song for me. It was an amazing night. I fell asleep on his couch and he covered me with a blanket and went to bed. Never once tried to put any moves on me. I went home the next morning, called him for a date the following night. Fast forward almost 14 years, and we are married with three beautiful kids. Music can make some amazing things happen, when the moment is right. *Heart*

© Copyright 2020 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972569-Roads-Portishead