*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972582-Writing-Groups
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#972582 added January 3, 2020 at 6:52pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Groups
I belong to a writing group. Today, the so-called leader of the group tells us she is annoyed by the progress of said group. Now, this group is all of 3-6 people strong. Okay, I can see that if you have delusions of grandeur, you would feel discouraged. But why give up? And why be annoyed?

Oh well, such is the nature of people. So, in honor of this little band of writers, I thought I would start posting in my blog some of the writing I do. We come and do timed writings. I stated I thought we should focus more on the craft of writing, and not so much on just timed prompts.

Anyway, sometimes some gems do come out of this exercise. Today, one of the prompts was 'juniper berries'. We were to write for five minutes.

Juniper Berries
A juniper tree has berries. Don't they make gin? Maybe I'm wrong. But I seem to remember that somehow. But then people ferment anything and everything. I think people would make alcohol from dirty socks if they nothing but sugar, water, and dirty socks. What would they call it?

Crew Sake!!!


So - if this leader decides she no longer wants to lead this writing group, we will still meet. It is important to exchange ideas. It is important to get out and be with people. People will not always agree with you, and that is okay. We don't all have to think alike, nor should we. But we do all have to exchange our ideas.



© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972582-Writing-Groups