*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974167-Delightful-Things
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#974167 added January 25, 2020 at 12:10pm
Restrictions: None
Delightful Things
Prompt: Yesterday, I inquired about something that frustrated you. Today, let's talk about something that delighted you.

---

Most everything is delightful if I look at things from the right angle. Just that I wake up every morning and know that I am alive is delightful enough.

On the other hand, smiles on people delight me a lot. I love it when my husband, children, daughter in-law, and friends have genuine smiles on their faces. Yesterday, on FB, a baby’s smile delighted me the most, although it was only a photo, but the smile was open, unaffected, and so, so cute. That smile belongs to Daisy, Gaby ~ Just tired‘s baby daughter.

Then, this morning, a flock of white ibises descended on our lawn like a white fluffy cloud. I love the togetherness of these birds. Their spindly legs and curved long beaks and their conversations with one another is delightful to take in. Instead of going to the mailbox to post a letter, I stood motionless at the door and watched them. A bit later, I came back in and waited for them to take off to my neighbor’s yard. Only then, I went out and put the letter in the mailbox.

Such a delightful morning moment it was, me watching those birds!

© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974167-Delightful-Things