*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974457-Taking-a-bite-out-of-it
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#974457 added January 28, 2020 at 4:36pm
Restrictions: None
Taking a bite out of it
Boy do I have a story to tell! I have two dogs, one large and one medium. I have told stories about the unique personalities of each of them a time or two on this blog. My beasts often drive me crazy but they are loyal and lovable.Now neither of them are allowed in my bedroom. They follow me to the door and stand at the edge until I come back out. I knew from personal experience of being a parent that once I allowed them in my bed, I would never get them out and my sleeping space would be confined. I work nights and as such wake on a normal day about 2pm. That is when I take the dogs out again for their business needs. So on Tuesday, I went and grabbed the big dog,Dimitri, to bring back in first. His usual act is to sit watching out the door while I bring Vladimir back in. That day he chose to do something much different. I found him in my bedroom on top of my bed. He was in the middle of enjoying his delightful snack. YES, DIMITRI ATE MY $1600 DENTURES. He didn't swallow but chewed them into dust. Now usually, he is not a chewer of anything but paper towels out of the trash. As much as I wanted to cry, I did not punish the dog except banishing him out of bedroom. I was the idiot that left the door open and my dentures by the bed. What amazes me is how he knew in that split second what to go for and where to get it. is proving to be a very costly lesson for me.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974457-Taking-a-bite-out-of-it