*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974522-January-30-2020---Goodnight-Sweet-Prince
by Tinker
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2206515
BiMonthly blog challenge accepted with an occasional jaunt to the Banana Bar Challenge.
#974522 added February 8, 2020 at 12:51am
Restrictions: None
January 30, 2020 Goodnight Sweet Prince
PROMPT January 30


This was my first sojourn into the realm of blogging here at WDC. I wasn't sure what to expect or how I would proceed. I made the commitment to write a blog a day for 30 days in response to a daily prompt. I had to decide what to say and how to say it and it took me late into the month before I developed a rhythm that was somewhat comfortable for me. At first, I was so focused on what I should share in response to the prompts that I was all over the place in the manner of my presentation.

My favorite prompts for January were:
                   January 5 "What music makes you want to dance?"
                   January 13 "What games do you play or watch?"
                   January 22 "Where would you like to travel?"
                   January 29 "What virtue do you admire or aspire to?"

Those blogs almost wrote themselves.

I did try to read all of the blogs, I might have missed one or two on busy days but for the most part, I was interested in what they had to say and as the month progressed, how they were being written. I tried to respond every day to at least 2 or 3 and if I had time, more. I'd hit the Like icon to at least say, I read it, thank you. I noticed as the month wound down so did the participation. I was kind of disappointed that there were a few of my own blogs that only got 3 views. Saying to me, either not everyone was interested in reading blogs, just writing them, or they developed their favorites and only read those and I wasn't one of them. Actually, I found that on any given day I might have favored Kåre, Cheddah, Bobturn and WakeUp, the next day, Robert Waltz, Carly and Neva and then the next day Sumojo, Carol, Blue Moon and Eric. I'm working from memory and I'm old, I don't mean to leave anyone out but I know I have. Sorry. The point is, different bloggers wrote something that touched me on different days. I knew a few of the participants from before at other contests but most participants I did not know. I learned tons from everybody.

gaggle of geese
squawking and honking
a cricket sings
                   ~jvg




© Copyright 2020 Tinker (UN: tinker1111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tinker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974522-January-30-2020---Goodnight-Sweet-Prince