*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975494-February-14-2020--Happy-Valentines-Day
by Tinker
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2206515
BiMonthly blog challenge accepted with an occasional jaunt to the Banana Bar Challenge.
#975494 added February 14, 2020 at 10:57am
Restrictions: None
February 14, 2020 Happy Valentine's Day
5 DAY TRUTH or FICTION BLOGGING CHALLENGE
Blog Prompt for Day 5


Third period English, he sat one row over and two desks ahead. This day he wore a pink pullover sweater, his straight squared shoulders and athletic body transfixed me. How had I not noticed him before? I was gobsmacked.

Darlene had told me that he said he thought I was cute. Larry who? Oh, that guy.

He looked back over his shoulder and smiled and I smiled back.I felt embarrassed. I had a tough time catching my breath. After class he was waiting outside the door and we walked a ways before either of us spoke, then it was at the same time and we laughed. Then he asked me if I was going to the sock hop after school on Friday, I said I had thought about it and he told me he'd see me there. Then he hollered at some kid down the hall and ran after him.

That was the beginning of my first high school crush that lasted a little over a year. He got his driver's license that year and on our first real date we went to the motor movies. I remember his donut breath. I don't remember how or why it ended.

Last year he came into my office with his wife, they were shopping insurance and someone had recommended me. He didn't know my married name and didn't expect to run into an old girlfriend from high school. I knew who he was immediately. He said I looked familiar, had we met before. I smiled and told him my maiden name and we laughed and he introduced me to his wife as the first girl he ever asked out after he could drive. They bought the insurance and he stops by every once in a while just to say hi. I have to say, he is still good looking.

Old Flame Flickered

Who could know we would meet now after decades traveled passed.
Old boyfriend, shopping a quote, walked right in, sat at my desk.
He said his name, fifty-nine years of change, he knew me not, but I knew.
                                                            ~~Judi Van Gorder

© Copyright 2020 Tinker (UN: tinker1111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tinker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975494-February-14-2020--Happy-Valentines-Day